Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 03:09:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Iron Storm Pure - August 21-22 - Pittsburgh, PA  (Read 12134 times)
jungleralph
« on: July 26, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »

The Pittsburgh LAN Coalition Inc. (Pittco) is proud to present its latest incarnation of LAN party, Iron Storm PURE, taking place August 21st-22nd, 2010 at the Castle Shannon Fire Hall. Pittco strives to provide the greater Pittsburgh area with a PC gaming entertainment experience unlike any other. This event returns LANing to it's roots by offering an event focused on providing what truly matters at LANs, rich and varied gaming experiences with real people on a high-speed local area network. This event will feature:
  • CONSTANT organized matches of different games, variants, and mods for maximum entertainment. Small prizes will be offered for many events, especially BAWLS and Red Bull to keep the caffeine flowing!
  • Expect to play things you never thought you'd see a full server of.
  • Customized servers running a plethora of variants, maps, and mods.
  • Counter-Strike 1.6 Super Serial Buy-In Tournament (For you pro kids out there)
  • Gigabit High-Speed network provided by our sister LAN, the GXL, for super-fast file transfers
  • Concession Stand with super-cheap food, pop (soda), and energy drinks running throughout the event to keep you on top of your game
  • Music provided by DJ Turk Mc'Gurk
  • Immersive entertainment experience provided by Entertainment Coordinator Justin Ritter
  • A fun, friendly staff
  • Tons of parking space
  • Musiclol Chairs
This event will be capped at 2^7 or 128 seats to keep the atmosphere friendly and manageable. Seats start at just $25 if you pre-register online. Visit http://www.pittco.org/next-event/ for more information, directions to the venue, and registration. Also keep a lookout to our main event, Iron Storm 12, coming to you some time in March 2011.
Infamousd
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »

Dude love the ad for your lan party.

*  Expect to play things you never thought you'd see a full server of.
* Customized servers running a plethora of variants, maps, and mods.

Had me itching to go really... Except 2 things:

1. it's all the way over in Pittsburg,

2. it's in pittsburg   Tongue

Anyways, hope you have a good party!  Smiley
330T
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:41:23 PM »

Its only 5 hours away dave... I'll drive there, you drive back.. we can take my car
jungleralph
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 09:43:24 PM »

Aww thanks man. Yea we are changing how we advertise with the new features of our LAN that should make it a worth-while experience for any PC gaming enthusiast. Like last lan party we'd run HL2DM servers and announce that the first person to reach 75 frags on dm_overwatch would get a prize and the server filled instantly and it was MADNESS for about 25 minutes while people furiously launched chairs and tables at each other and vaporized each other with the energy ball. Good fun. So we will be doing that ALOT at this event.

Pittsburgh's not that bad =D... but yes it is a drive, can be hard to commit. Lately though I have been going to all sorts of LANs at distance and I have music in my car for the drive and an inflatable mattress that I put in the back of my car with the seats folded down to sleep (which I got at walmart for like $20 along with a car air pump for like $15... best LAN investment EVER). If the mini-lan was longer I'd definitely show up to it.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

Can we bring our Bengals gear too?  Kind of like tailgating?  WHO DEY!!???

But yeah, the drive is not that bad, unless you have to hit the PA Turnpike....that thing sucks.  But from Dayton to Pittsburgh I don't believe you do.  I drive to St. Loius periodically, and it is a bit more than 5 hours, so it is doable.  Just get a book on CD and that should help.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
jungleralph
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »

Can we bring our Bengals gear too?  Kind of like tailgating?  WHO DEY!!???

LOL sure all though I think the majority of our attendees would be Steeler fans =)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »

Steeler fans that will be crying in Jan that they got beat twice by the Bengals 2 years in a row!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
jungleralph
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »

How many Lombardi trophies do the bengals have again? I seem to have forgotten...  Grin
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 06:33:07 PM »

Will the the road to many starting this season!!!

But yes your right been there twice not won it, can't say that for the Clowns though they never been to an SB.   And well lets not pull the Rat Birds into the mix, course they left Cleveland and did well eheh.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
jungleralph
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

eh the browns still beat us last year... we were ATROCIOUS. we deserved to lose Roll Eyes
Infamousd
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »

Its only 5 hours away dave... I'll drive there, you drive back.. we can take my car

you missed part of my meaning, IT"S IN PITTSBURG!   Ack PFFTT! even typing it makes me want to hurl...

ok just joking   Grin
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 08:56:27 PM »

Dont you mean its the arm Pitt of the U.S.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
jungleralph
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 11:49:31 PM »

I believe the armpit of the US is where FITES and Massive LAN host their lans.. middle of friggin no where Wink

But not to rag on those lans they are pretty good.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx