Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 11:27:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LaNOC 7.0 Sept 11th and 12th  (Read 12501 times)
garfi3ld
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »

I just wanted to jump on here and invite you guys to our 7th main event this September 11th and 12th. We sold out our last event and added a few more seats this time around. But we are still expecting another sellout. Make sure you sign up early. If you want to be sure you have a seat, make sure to pre-pay. We will eb giving a discounted price of $10 to everyone who pre-pays up until August 13th at 11:59pm, with the price being $15 after that. The only way to get a raffle ticket is to pre-pay also.

As always we will have a long list of sponsors for our event. We are excited to play some games, I hope some of you can make it Smiley. I always love hanging out with everyone.
garfi3ld
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 10:47:07 PM »

Hey guys, we have picked up a list of sponsors already and have been filling up quickly. I was curious to see if anyone from here would be coming out. We normally see atleast a couple of you. With over 40 people already registered and a few weeks to go I figured I would give you guys an update.

Hope to see you there, if you are planning on it make sure to sign up soon!
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:37:30 PM »

I know I am registered, just need to repay soon.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:47:08 AM »

Not going to make it.  Won't know if I can till probably day of and no raffle ticket unless prepaid kinda sucks.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
garfi3ld
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 04:49:26 AM »

Sorry to hear that. We decide to cut back on the number of raffle tickets to prevent us from having as many people leaving with multiple large prizes and to give more value for each ticket now that we will be using them as prizes for our tournaments and contests. In order for us to keep the raffle as an incentive we dropped them for door registrations. Honestly in the past few events we have had very few people come in at the door anyhow. Let me know if you change your mind or find out early. I would love to game with ya.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »

How would people that register at the door that get 1 ticket get multiple large prizes?  I dont understand how not giving a raffle ticket if you dont preregister would reduce someone getting more then 1 item.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »

Can't make it (my daughter's birthday party), but good luck with the LAN.
Nacelle
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »

You used to get 2 tickets and if you paid for a second seat, you got 2 more. Now only one ticket per person no matter what, and only if you preregister. I'm sure you understand the importance of knowing how many people are going to be there.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »

I see the knowing how many will be there, and in that case why dont you just turn off day of registration all together and make it 100% pre-reg then.   Pre-reg is one thing but alot of people do not have a CC, paypal etc to be able to pre-reg in advance so thats the reason lans allow day of registration, course those people run the risk of being shut out of all the seats fill via prereg or before they get there. 

I just think its not cool to cut those people from the raffles.   I mean pre-reg already gets special pricing if reged by a certain date.

Just seems like your trying to force people to prereg/prepay, or make punishments for people that come day of an register.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:55:13 AM »

This is going to be a fun LAN.
I am attending and looking forward to some great gaming.

garfi3ld
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 11:19:18 PM »

I see the knowing how many will be there, and in that case why dont you just turn off day of registration all together and make it 100% pre-reg then.   Pre-reg is one thing but alot of people do not have a CC, paypal etc to be able to pre-reg in advance so thats the reason lans allow day of registration, course those people run the risk of being shut out of all the seats fill via prereg or before they get there. 

I just think its not cool to cut those people from the raffles.   I mean pre-reg already gets special pricing if reged by a certain date.

Just seems like your trying to force people to prereg/prepay, or make punishments for people that come day of an register.

We do want to encourage people to pre-pay to have the best idea of how many people are coming. We don't do pre-reg only because we do want to give people a chance if they decide to make it at the last minute or a friend talks them into coming as they are leaving. From my experience we really havn't had many people who don't have a CC or paypal. In the limited number of times we have had that they always have one of their friends pay for them. But we have always been open to any option including mailing or dropping off a payment.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 11:22:48 PM »

Well in the end I didnt come because I would not know till Saturday if I could and frankly was not going to spend that kinda money, drive long distance etc,  an not get a raffle ticket.

I would of come up Saturday if not for that.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lersar
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »

Well in the end I didnt come because I would not know till Saturday if I could and frankly was not going to spend that kinda money, drive long distance etc,  an not get a raffle ticket.

I would of come up Saturday if not for that.
There will be ways of obtaining raffle tickets during the LAN itself. There will also be other events aside from winning prizes going on, like playing some computer games.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx