Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 05:35:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: COD: Black Ops DLC Major Bug  (Read 11138 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:35:59 AM »

Just wanted to let everyone know ever since the new DLC there has been a major bug with Black Ops. If you loose connection from a server, regardless of reason,  kick lagged out, etc there is a chance your rank gets reset back to 1 and you loose your prestige levels.  But your custom classes are still there.  In fact if you play you can level back up to 4 and your classes will become active and play with your high level weapons as level 4.  

This has happend to me as well as many others and I am back to level 9 but I can not make any changes to my classes but still have higher level weapons.  As you can imagine I am a bit pissed since I was also prestige level 2.

For more info either do a google search or here is a thread (among many): http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811702&highlight=rank+reset

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 03:42:53 AM »

That really sucks, lets hope they can restore the lvls of people.

Hmm I think I will just play home front or crysis 2 till this gets fixed.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »

Another thread (among many) on callofduty forums: http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=461688

[TC] Action
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »

Let us know when you hear this is fixed.    Might as well not even try to play right now to avoid getting reset.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 06:06:36 PM »

Unless he is being a troll, I read on the callofduty forums that someone got an official response from Activision:

Thanks for sending us your information. Just in case this wasn't addressed to you over the weekend, the developers are looking into this issue and players will be updated with any known fixes once they come in. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and apologize we can't give an estimated time at the moment!

To me, as a developer myself, the database corruption fix should be easy.  Simply look at your leaderboards database and take the highest presitge and highest rank for a record and compare to the main rank database. If they do not match, set them back (via a backup or directly).  Seems simple to me.  And of course fix the bug that caused it in the first place.

I have a feeling they are going go come back and say the bug has been fixed but can not correct people's rank and that they must prestige again which resets your classes to start working correctly.  So in otherwords you loose all your time you played to get that level of prestige.

[TC] Action
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »

By the way this actually has been going on over a month (since the prior patch) but really effected many since the DLC since a lot got kicked for not have the maps, etc which caused the corruption.

Huge thread about the issue: http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=448383&st=0

[TC] Action
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »

*UPDATE*
Over the past 2 hours, I am seeing a change in my rank. Please note between each of these loads was around 30 minutes each

1st Load: Saw my prestige was back! YEAH! But I was only level 9 and could not change anything in my classes
2nd Load: Saw my level raised to 17, still can't change classes but still had my prestige level back
3rd Load: Saw my level raised to 19, still can't cahnge classed but still ahd my prestige level back
4th Load: I CAN CHANGE MY CLASSES NOW! WOOT!  But still 6 levels shy of what I had when the bug hit and I got the rank reset.

Am going to wait a bit later and will try again but hey I would be perfectly fine having to gain only 6 levels back and everything still works.

Maybe they restored my backup after I posted to Activision on Facebook. But it is probably just a coincidence.

[TC] Action
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »

Hope it gets fixed, but WAY lame that this crap even goes on in games etc.  These guys write crap code and push it out to us to beta test for them sigh.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 11:47:57 PM »

Call of Duty is nothing but a fail after COD4.
virt
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 02:47:24 AM »

MW2 was good...if you played on the 360. Tongue 
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 07:16:02 AM »

MW2 was good...if you played on the 360. Tongue 

Seeing how console players are used to that awful game setup for servers its no surprise you say that.
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »

Im waiting for a fix for this before I resume playing Black Ops.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »

I did get restored.  But I am not sure if they fixed the bug or not.  Though my steam did say "finished downloading blackops" so not sure if a patch happened or not but does sound like it.

[TC] Action
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx