Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 24, 2024, 10:06:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 2 Bad Company  (Read 9488 times)
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »

Any chance that a BFBC2 server will ever be run at any future miniLAN's?  I am considering getting rid of it.

Just curious. Thanks!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »

BFBC2 does not have local servers so we can't run a server for it.    You have to rent one on the internet which we are not going to do.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »

Cool. That answers my question. Much obliged.  Grin
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:01:24 AM »

Why are you getting rid of it?  And how?  Once you register the key no-one else can use it anyhow.  It is still a good game.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:44:55 AM »

Why are you getting rid of it?  And how?  Once you register the key no-one else can use it anyhow.  It is still a good game.

I could never play the multiplayer mode because of an issue that I discovered on their forums was common to many who bought it and had the same problem. Their tech support response was atrocious, to say the least. I would log into a server and it would log me out after about 4 minutes of play and said my EA connection was lost. Their forums said it was an "issue" with my router, so I went through the steps setting up the ports on my router according to their instructions (more than once, methodically) and nothing worked. I tried resetting my router and even flashed the router with the firmware update available and again nothing worked. I never had this issue with any other game I've played, with the same router I have been using up until now, so through deductive reasoning, the problem was with the game. So, I decided to get rid of it, since I had already played the single player game already, and Dave said there were no plans to have a BFBC2 server at any miniLAN's, so it is essentially useless to me now.

My understanding regarding the registration is that if you close/deactivate your EA account that is tied/associated to the validation key, you should be fine.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:27:38 AM »

BFBC2 is dedicated servers but not LAN so that is why we would not run a server at a LAN.  But still one of my favorite games of all time.  I never really had any of those problems you had.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx