Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 12:00:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pixelation: 2v2 | Halo Reach Tournament | July 30th  (Read 7499 times)
Mox Born Again
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:57:48 AM »

72dpi is hosting a 2v2 Halo Reach Tournament that is open to the public. Here are the details about the upcoming event.

Event Details
Check in: 11am-noon
Warm Ups: 11am-12:30pm
FFA: 1pm-2:30pm
2v2: 3pm
Preregister: $30 (preregister closes: July 16th)
At the door: $36
72dpi clan members: $30
Minimum # of Teams: 26*
Max # of Teams: 36
Game: Halo Reach
Controller: Microsoft Xbox 360 wired controller only
Seeding Process: 1 player from each team will play in a FFA match (details below)
Tournament Style: Double Elimination
1st place: $200 prize package ($100 cash, two $30 gift cards to Game Haven & two event t-shirts)
2nd place: $115 prize package ($75 cash & two event t-shirts)
3rd place: $90 prize package ($50 cash & two event t-shirts)

FFA Details
Map: TBA
Time Limit: 5min
Score: Unlimited
# of Players: 6 or 7 player matches
Seeding: Teams will be seeded based on their teammates total kills in their FFA match. In the event of a tie, deaths, average life & head shots will be used as the tie breaker. (in that order)

*If minimum number of teams not met buy cut off date, tournament will be cancelled and registration fee will be refunded no other refunds will be issued.

**72dpi Reserves the right to change any and all content in conjunction with Pixelation: 2v2.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »

Is the fee per team or per player?  At 30.00 I would hope thats per team.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
virt
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »

I'd have to imagine it'd be $30 per team with the prize pay out being only $100, a gift card and a couple of t-shirts.

I'll consider going but only if they allow me to use my Razer Onza TE controller.  MLG allows it in their tournaments now and it's wired.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »

Yeah I would think per team,  thats taking in $780.00 for a single tournament and only putting out in prizes 405.00.   I am sure they have some kind of overheard but dunno how much.

Just seems like alot for a 2 man entry fee for 1 tournament, vs going to all weekend lan's thats are 10-20 per person etc.

I would assume they would let you use the Razer since its a wired controller.  I assume they just do not want people constantly syncing controllers all day.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx