Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 20, 2024, 08:27:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 9 Tournaments  (Read 49809 times)
tetsuo
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 05:17:51 AM »

Will there be any console gaming of any sort. Non official of course and more for entertainment. Name a console, and players bring games for late night quiet time competitions or whatever. Street Fighter for example, PS2. Or maybe even Guitar Hero, Xbox. Just a suggestion.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »

We will not have consoles setup for anyone to use no, but console players are more then welcome to get a seat like a PC player an setup a console in the spot instead of a PC.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
tetsuo
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 01:36:20 AM »

Great idea.
Just a heads up to those with experience in the ways of Street Fighter. Ill have have Street Fighter Alpha 3, on a PS2 emulator, and two controllers.
virt
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 06:47:41 AM »

Gears of War 3 for console, please.

For PC, always down for UT2k4, SC2 or LoL.  Play a lot of Quake Live but LAN play may be out of the question.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »

Console tournaments not sure on, people more then welcome to do one if they wanna bring and setup consoles, but as staff we do not have consoles we can bring and provide for use for tournaments etc.    We will have plenty of PC tounaments from new games to old games.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »

How about a Golden Eye source game of last man standing deathmatch?

Does anyone even own that game?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »

Golden eye source is a free mod for Half Life 2.  So if you own Half Life 2, then you can get Golden Eye Source.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »

Ah, well that is all together different then.  A lot of folks have HL2.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
f1cti0n
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 09:51:27 PM »

Modern Warefare 3 (Saturday)
Hereos of Newerth (Saturday)
Old School - Quake 2 instagib (Sunday)
Non-PC Tournament - Texas Hold'em Poker (after midnight raffle)
Case Mod Contest

Are these the only tournaments? I think we should have at least SC2 and maybe LoL.. Seems like a lot of people have LoL I know 4 people I am bringing with me all play LoL and SC2
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »

These are the official tournaments yes.   

If you would like to run an un-official tournament of LoL or SC2 let myself or Denied know and we can setup pre-registration for it for you etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
shocka
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 11:53:04 PM »

Okay so I was thinking about the MW3 tournament and the skill level choice's I would assume if everyone picks never played that isn't going to give fair teams in the end....  It is a Call of Duty game like most of the rest it will feel the same as the majority of the others do I would assume.  I feel like people should be basing their skill level on how they perform in other Call of Duty titles.  <333

BY THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO PLAY IN A UNOFFICIAL CALL OF DUTY 1 WAWA TOURNAMENT? lol  not sure many will even know what this is or probably even play call of duty 1 anymore Sad
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 12:36:39 AM »

Good point shocka.  I will asked people to base skill on like Black ops.  I will add that to the tounament info.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Denied
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »

Modern Warefare 3 (Saturday)
Hereos of Newerth (Saturday)
Old School - Quake 2 instagib (Sunday)
Non-PC Tournament - Texas Hold'em Poker (after midnight raffle)
Case Mod Contest

Are these the only tournaments? I think we should have at least SC2 and maybe LoL.. Seems like a lot of people have LoL I know 4 people I am bringing with me all play LoL and SC2

I love SC2, and I would be happy to join a unofficial tourney.  I thought about having an SC2 tourney again, but it is just hard to balance teams to be fair.  Last time experts got stuck with noobs and those teams went out in the early rounds. All the teams with intermediate players went to the finals.  I would love to do a SC2 1v1, but it would take a whole day.  32 person 1v1 tourney with 1 hr. games could be a 5 hr+ tourney.

This is why we chose to do a 5v5 HoN tourney.  People that play tower games are either playing LoL or HoN.  I know alot of people at Nexus have HoN experience, and that is why we chose it over LoL.  If you and your friends are good at LoL than you should be able to be competitive in HoN.  You can also run your own unofficial LoL tourney.  Just let us know and we can post a sign-up. 
Denied
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 02:57:35 PM »

Okay so I was thinking about the MW3 tournament and the skill level choice's I would assume if everyone picks never played that isn't going to give fair teams in the end....  It is a Call of Duty game like most of the rest it will feel the same as the majority of the others do I would assume.  I feel like people should be basing their skill level on how they perform in other Call of Duty titles.  <333

BY THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO PLAY IN A UNOFFICIAL CALL OF DUTY 1 WAWA TOURNAMENT? lol  not sure many will even know what this is or probably even play call of duty 1 anymore Sad

I would like to play in a COD 1 tourney.  Are you thinking about having it on Sat. or Sun.?
shocka
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »

Doesn't matter to me as long as we can get enough interest in it. Cheesy
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx