Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 03:34:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 9 Tournaments selected.  (Read 24780 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2011, 02:53:55 AM »

The tournaments for NeXus LAN 9 will be.  

Modern Warfare 3 - Saturday

Heroes of Newerth - Saturday

Old School Quake 2 instagib - Sunday

Saturday Late night something different - Texas Hold'em Poker.   Will start after the midnight raffle.

Saturday Late Night LoL 5v5.  Will start after the midnight raffle.

All weekend long Starcraft II 1 v 1 hosted on Systemax PC's

Exact times and game rules will be announced closer to the event.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:12:01 PM »

Cheatch and others asking about LoL,

I will do the following.    The rules will be simple.   As I don't know this game nor do any of the staff I pulled things from what people told me and other past LoL tournaments I could find.

Random teams.

Single elimination

Map Summoners Rift - Summer
No Bans
All Pages and Runes allowed.
Victory - Opponents Nexus destoryed.
5v5 Max players 20

I will layout the teams Saturday night, post them up on the projector on the wall, and the teams will be responsible for getting together and playing their match.

This will be run late night Saturday and be meant for the hardcore leveled up LoL player not the players that have not played it before etc.

Registration for this is now open so registar asap!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Prometheus
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »

I have played both games, and both games have their strengths and weaknesses. But as I see it you choose to come to the Lan to have fun. You have a choice to not play in a tourny as well as to run a side tourny like was suggested. The staff tries the best they can and can not please every one. They try to pick games that they feel that they can run with minimum down time and less confusion.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »

Prometheus,

Thank you.   And I agree, there seems to be a split in the people who want HoN or LoL.   So instead of changing announced tournaments I decided to add in a LoL Saturday night that is mainly designed for people that play it alot and are lvled up in the game etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »

woot, thx renegade   Smiley
Nacelle
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »

I don't want to rock the boat, but LoL has a new mode. You could use the same rules, just use the dominion map. The advantage to the staff would be that the games resolve much faster thus making the whole thing much shorter. It's team battles right from the start. None of that boring minion farming and Lots more fun.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:24:06 AM »

I am ok with using that mode.  I dont know the game so I will let the players decide the mode.

Cheatch you have input on the mode?

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 03:17:08 PM »

I think it would be best to keep it simple for now and have a normal game on Summoners Rift.

I haven't played the new mode yet but it seems like a tf2 type where you capture points.

There's also game balance issues with the new mode, perhaps next nexus lan when it's more balanced? That's also implying this LoL tournament runs smoothly.
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »

what are the rules on HoN?
Denied
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »

HoN rules are posted as of today.

Random Teams
5v5
All Pick
Casual Mode
Nacelle
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 03:02:05 AM »

I think it would be best to keep it simple for now and have a normal game on Summoners Rift.

I haven't played the new mode yet but it seems like a tf2 type where you capture points.

There's also game balance issues with the new mode, perhaps next nexus lan when it's more balanced? That's also implying this LoL tournament runs smoothly.
No one will be uber expert on dominion. This will make the gap between the pros and the joes narrower. Making for a more fun and balanced game. So some of the champions aren't suited for that style of gameplay. It's the players job to figure out which ones those are before hand. I would also say it's less like TF2 and more like Battlefield. There's  5 flags. When your team holds more flags than the other, the other team loses points. First team to lose all their points lose. Dying multiple times doesn't feed the enemy into an unstoppable beast either. In fact, everyone's dying left and right. It's part of the game.
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 04:42:40 AM »

question on the LOL tournament, are you going to have a minimum summoner level for those playing? Just figure I will point this out before someone else does. hehe
Nacelle
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 12:00:59 PM »

One thing that wasn't thought of in the LanOC discussion of a LoL tournament, is the inherent ability of a HoN or DotA Player to play any game of this type. As long as a person plays a couple practice rounds with their team, everything is fine.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »

Min summoner lvl is not a bad idea.   

As I craeted this for the more advanced LoL players I will let you all tell me your opnions for a bit before that is decided.

So min lvl yes or no.

If yes what would you expect to see as a min lvl.

If no, why.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »

no, keep it simple.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to: