Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 01:38:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 9 Tournaments selected.  (Read 24778 times)
Nacelle
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »

If we're going to play Summoners Rift, I'm In favor of a minimum. The ins and outs are are so down pat by the experienced that noobs throw off any team cohesion. Since I'm not a HoN player, I'm not joining that tournament. I don't want to make those guys' tournament suffer by me being a noob. I'd hope that non-LoL player would give the same consideration to us in return (not that I'm very good anyways). On the other hand, if we play Dominion, a couple rounds is all a person needs to get the gist of the game, as long as they have played any game in this genera before. I think the first thing to do is get a good consensus of which map to use first. I don't mind playing either way. I just think the newness factor of Dominion will make it a lot of fun regardless of the balance issues that may be inherent with champion choice.
Denied
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 08:18:50 PM »

Join the Hon tourney.  The Hon tourney is for all to enjoy.  If there is someone good on your team he should be able to carry hard late game.  Casual mode is much more forgiving than normal mode.   More like lol where you can't be denied creep xp.  We want all to join hon....this tourney is for fun.  As long as you don't don't start the game by running straight for the enemy tower without your creep wave you will do well in this tourney.
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 02:38:18 AM »

ya, these tournaments here are just for fun.  that's why i don't agree with a level requirement.  i think it would be better to have a 20 person tournament than a 10 person one due to level restrictions.
f1cti0n
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 10:30:45 PM »

thanks for adding the LoL tourny!
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 03:16:34 AM »

What will be the process for non-official or informal tournaments/games?  Will there be a whiteboard up somewhere with a list of the servers and games like before?  Do we have to check with an admin before the day of the LAN to get permission to run a non-official game or can we do that the night of the event?

Thanks!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »

non official games you can start servers etc anytime.   If your going to run a tournament then you need to get with us so we can try an schedule a time etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx