Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 16, 2024, 07:26:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: The Battlefield 3 Beta is a MASSIVE letdown.  (Read 51942 times)
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »

Hmm, sounds like the first half of the interview is "it's on our list".  I'll continue to wait on this one.

The first couple of questions is mostly dealing with the planes/jets... that doesn't bother me much since I don't fly.  Grin  I am more of a tank girl.

I am just glad they changed how squads will work and fixed some of the bugs with the gun damage, etc.  I'm excited and can't wait for the release, I have been having withdrawals since they shut down the beta, lol
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »

I will admit, the sound of the "fixed" product seems a lot more appealing than what I saw in the beta.  Hopefully the true finished product will be a good game.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 08:42:19 PM »

Not me, I will be getting this game on day one.  The large map in the beta was fantastic! 64 PLAYERS!  And to top if off the game technically can support up too 256... but 64 was more reasonable.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Dreyvas
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 04:41:52 AM »

They totally pulled this off. The retail copy fixed nearly all the issues I had with the beta. I played the beta a few times... ehhhh. Retail is everything I could have wanted and more. There are definitely a few kinks to iron out, but nothing game-breaking that I've seen yet.
twodavez
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »

So could we get a vote thing to see who all is still for the Game and who all agrees with the title of this thread? I really dont wanna download EA's crap, but i can't say i've really looked into it since i dont have the time right now to play it. Just like to know a short display of data on how everyoen feels about the game now? :-)
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 12:27:05 PM »

Well, I will say, even though I was really critical of the beta (which I still think they botched), the end product is better than what I saw in the beta.  Of course, there are still some improvements that could be made.  However, one BIG thing that kind of bothers me, is that I cancelled my order through Origin by a chat session with one of their "tech's".  I even have the confirmation code of it being cancelled.  Yet I never got a refund, and was sent all the information and playing it as if I had never cancelled.

If I cared about cancelling it so much, I would be pissed.  But since I like the game with it's quirks and all, I will not be as hostile towards the game....just the EA reps for not doing their job correctly.

Oh, just a little sting to them too....I still think the website launching method is crap.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »

I have to agree that I am not fond of launching the game in a browser.  But, I have to say THE GAME IS AWESOME!!! Love it!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 02:00:52 PM »

Gave is good, much better then the beta.   The web crap sucks ass, its slow as heck loading into a game, and the matchmaking either never works, or when it does it takes like 5-10 min before it finds a match to play in.   

Solo is eh at best, and Dice admitted they tossed the solo as an after thought more as training levels for the multiplayer then a solo good mission game.

co-op is interesting Cyphis and I played it some, only issue so far is it would disconnect on us while loading but once in no issues, and if a vehicle mission which ever seat your in driver or gunner you stuck to that for the whole mission could not find a way to change seats, but we had fun and you can unlock weapons for the multiplayer game playing the co-op missions.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »

This game ROCKS.  And I am not just saying that.  I am very impressed by the graphics and I even keep my settings to medium on a GTX580.  And the graphics are still very nice.  My GTX580 can get over 60FPS in auto/Ultra settings but I am a FPS nut so I set it to medium because there is not that big of difference in eye candy and I get over 100FPS 99% of the time.

As you know, I enjoyed the BETA especially when they opened up the larger MAP even with it's quirks.  When the retail came out it I expected some issues but it actually turned out better.  At first I was annoyed by the web based battle log but I am starting to like it.  I understand the reason behind it and see how it can be easily upgraded, etc.  There is quite a lot of info they can give you being web based and that is a plus.

So I highly recommend the game.  It is well worth the cost.  It is by far the most realistic battle game ever.  If it had LAN dedicated servers, it would have no competition.

The only bad thing is Origin.  It really sucks.  Steam blows it completely out of the water.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
twodavez
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »

Origin is the main thing holding me back, that and my old GTX260 video card  Roll Eyes
myndmelt
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »

Retail version is awesome. And I'm saying that after playing only 30 minutes of the single player campaign. I cant wait to play some more tonight and then go into some multiplayer with you guys. Yes Steam > Origin, but origin is not that bad. It doesn't really bother me.
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »

What is everyone's user name? I am new to the BF Franchise and wanting to learn from some pro's Mine is Rock8104
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »

in all the game itself is very good but the downfall to the game for me is the fact that the browser issue sucks balls for sure and the constant black and white screen of death that you get every few maps is just annoying. hope they fix this soon before mw3 comes out and this game gets put on a shelf to collect dust. exiting vehicles needs to be fixed as well i mean come on you should be able to pick the side to exit or at least exit you on the other side of the enemy shooting at you cause its instant death the way it is now exiting into the line of fire. my biggest issue though with the game is how you get dropped just trying to load into a game and it can take multiple tries to get into one so freaking annoying.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »

I don't have the issue with the black/white screen.  I have only locked up once or twice since getting the retail version, but I locked up quite a bit in the beta.  Is your punkbuster up to date, I know that was causing some people problems.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »

I don't know exactly what it is....but I am just not really excited about the game.  I play it and I am like, ok.  People waste me way too easy, but that's because I am level 6 and they are 23.  Anyway, I could put the game down and not play it and I don't care.  I was not like that with the past games of Battlefield.  I could really take it or loose it on this one.

I think right now I am most looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO.  I am playing a lot of Rift now to appease my MMO appetite, but will be playing Modern Warfare 3 when it hits the streets.

Cyphis

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx