Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 02:40:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The Battlefield 3 Beta is a MASSIVE letdown.  (Read 50476 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 03:12:45 AM »

Renegade, what did you do to cancel your pre-order? I want to do the same as I can't see spending any cash on this right now.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 03:22:35 AM »

I went into origin then clicked on live support an waited for an op.  They wanted order # address date ordered.  Took like 24 hours to get refunded to bank account after that.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 06:03:57 PM »

Reposted from VE3D.com

"DICE Threatens To Ban Players Joining Modded Servers In Battlefield 3

Following the Battlefield 3 server files leaking, numerous servers have popped up with various alterations, including the ability to house 100+ players on the 32-player capped Metro map.

In response to this, DICE have made a post on their forum threatening that anybody joining modded servers risks being banned from Origin entirely, which means - as he takes pains to point out in a second post - you will be banned from playing every game on your EA account."

LOL, so if you go into a modded server not knowing you could lose your EA/Origin account for life.   Ah yeah another reason to be worried about this game.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 12:35:04 AM »

Just don't play on modded servers. Smiley  I didn't read the article, but if you read the entire release, it's because they are cutting down on the hacking from the start, which is a good thing. 
AceNightBlade
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »

Yeah, I have to agree. Couple other friends of mine were also extremely disappointed.
The beta drivers that were recommended (285.38) actually screwed up quite a bit in other games, and actually didn't fix any of the graphical flashing/flickering on screen.
Other games, after playing 30 mins - 1 hour, just seemed to take a huge frames per second dump. Meaning, my FPS would drop from the normal 60+ to 5-9 with occasional freezing.
This was on a GTX 570.

I also hate this new "Origin" program. The multiplayer functions should be built in-game, not in a separate web browser. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a counter against piracy.

Yeah, MW3 and Skyrim are next on my list.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 03:32:27 AM »

Easier said then done on the just dont play on modded servers because the modded ones are seen in the server browser as legit and i can an has auto assigned people to them via quick match button.

So yeah people could get banned for going to a modded server an they didnt do it on purpose.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Rhythmatic
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:09 AM »

Another reason not to get this game!

https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120072134226751488

@zh1nt0 aka Daniel Matros: "Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things"

http://n4g.com/news/855904/dice-squads-are-only-ac...og-no-squad-management-in-game

"According to the Battlefield 3 community manager, zh1nt0, the squads can only be managed on Battlelog and not in the actual game.
This means you can no longer create squads/make private squads while in game. You can only join or leave squads.
Hundreds of Battlefield fans are dissapointed and many are cancelling their PC pre-orders right now. Nothing is yet confirmed on how consoles will work. "

Modern Warfare 3, here I come!

Cra2hgirl
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 08:55:50 AM »

Another reason not to get this game!

https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120072134226751488

@zh1nt0 aka Daniel Matros: "Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things"

http://n4g.com/news/855904/dice-squads-are-only-ac...og-no-squad-management-in-game

"According to the Battlefield 3 community manager, zh1nt0, the squads can only be managed on Battlelog and not in the actual game.
This means you can no longer create squads/make private squads while in game. You can only join or leave squads.
Hundreds of Battlefield fans are dissapointed and many are cancelling their PC pre-orders right now. Nothing is yet confirmed on how consoles will work. "

Modern Warfare 3, here I come!

I know it is like that in the beta, but do you know if it is supposed to be like that in the release?  If so, that will be a disappointment as it is one of the things that made Battlefield great.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »

When I read this about the squads I went looking and its been that was since alpha, now in beta, and from what I could find there are no plans to change it from the way it is now.

Horrible direction by Dice on that one.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »

LoL, the whole play on a hacked server get banned made MSNBC Tech section today.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/03/8124176-battlefield-3-hack-could-get-you-banned

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »

ok well after reading everything you guys have posted about the game and so forth makes no difference to me i'll still be purchaseing this game for sure.  i've played the beta for many hours and have been kicking ass at it. i now there are isues with the game thats why they call it a beta.  after playing all the bf games i myself think this one rules them all and cant wait to drive and fly the vehicles in the reaol game.  many of the TC players have gotten to do so before they took the servers down and have said its awesome and so after playing with them for sometime trust there judgement and am keeping my copy of the game for sure.  havent been dissappointed by bf yet and don't beleive i will now.
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 07:36:19 PM »

I canceled my pre-order today.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »

Ron,  pretty much seems like either you like the game or you dont, and right now I just do not like it enough to sink 65 into it.    And I can always buy it after launch if I find its better and I want to play it, but frankly it plays too much like BC2 for me to like the game as I didnt like BC2 that much.   

I am going to stick with MW3 this time around I think for now.   Course if BF3 comes to Steam an they put it on sale then yeah I am sure I will grab it at some point, as I hear it will come out on steam a short time after launch.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »

after playing all the bf games i myself think this one rules them all

I dunno, I still like BF 2142 even though noone plays it anymore.  I just like the futuristic theme and loved the ship battles.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »

ok well after reading everything you guys have posted about the game and so forth makes no difference to me i'll still be purchaseing this game for sure.  i've played the beta for many hours and have been kicking ass at it. i now there are isues with the game thats why they call it a beta.  after playing all the bf games i myself think this one rules them all and cant wait to drive and fly the vehicles in the reaol game.  many of the TC players have gotten to do so before they took the servers down and have said its awesome and so after playing with them for sometime trust there judgement and am keeping my copy of the game for sure.  havent been dissappointed by bf yet and don't beleive i will now.

I am with Ron on this.  I think the game is pretty good even with the "BETA" bugs. Smiley But yeah if you did not like Bad Company 2 then your not going to like this but I definitely do not get how BF:Bad Company 2 is not like BF2... the only difference is no commander mode.  But other than that BF3 and Bad Company 2 plays just like BF2 to me and in fact better... or actually more like BF2142.

To me Bad Company 2 is an improved BF2 and BF3 is an improved Bad Company 2 game play wise.  A win-win. The only thing that I do not like is from what I read about not being able to setup or join a specific squad in game.  That is just plain silly to me and I see an easy fix in a patch or something.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx