Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 24, 2024, 01:02:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: MW3 or BF3? Which to choose?  (Read 26955 times)
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:42:26 PM »

So which to choose from? Personally, I don't plan on getting both, so the choice comes down to which one? Which one do most people plan on playing more of? Just look at the Homefront and Black Ops issue. Pros and Cons for both, and they both generally came out the same time. Picked up both of them, and generally went the wayside as people were split on it. So the question comes to play, what is the general thought out there? If only one to choose from, which one?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 12:40:08 AM »

Hard choice.  But if I was only getting one I would go MW3 because of the local lan servers for mini lans and large lans etc.  Its also a preference.  Did you like BC2?  If you didnt then you probably wont like BF3.

Do you like fast smaller maps then you want mw3, if you want large 64 player maps with vehicles etc then you want bf3.

The 2 games are far enough apart from each other I think it warants getting both for an FPS lover.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:14:10 AM »

We are definitely getting BF3!  Did you play the beta with the tank and chopper maps, it really made the game.   But, we'll probably get MW3 too. 
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 02:15:34 AM »

Why not both?  And you call yourself a gamer? Smiley  

I loved the BF3 beta (especially the large map) so I know what to basically expect with it.  I am optimistic with MW3 but MW2 was such a terrible console port I am afraid of a let down.  

I'll be getting both and I recommend the same.  And I actually like Homefront.  In fact, somethings even more than BlackOps.  I think it failed only because of it's competition and your post shows that.  A lot of people would only buy one game and most simply choose BlackOps.   I think BF3 is going to have lead in cause it comes out first... but we shall see which one ends up winning.  Then again these are very different games.  BF3 is MUCH MUCH more realistic than MW or Blackops.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 02:25:58 AM »

hard to say that BF3 is more realistic then MW3 as we have not really seen MW3 yet.   So I am reserving judgement in that department.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »

I will definately be getting MW3.  BF3 I am going to hold off getting for now just because I didn't care for the beta and quite frankly, I am starting to get bored of the same old genre of games.  So bored in fact, the only thing I have been playing lately is Rift.

Maybe BF3 will turn out to be a great game, but I am going to wait and see.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »

What is both developer teams got together and COMBINED their games to make one really huge, cool, awesome game called "Modern Battlefield Warfare Three, Part 3" Huh

That would be awesome. (spoken with same voice inflection as Kevin from The Office)
virt
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »

Personally, I say neither. lol

I'm sticking with Gears3 and Starcraft2.
myndmelt
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »

Im getting both. Awesome games come on, this is what we cry for all the time! Yes except for you RTS players.
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 03:57:36 AM »

Answer: Neither.

Roll Eyes
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 03:49:40 AM »

I HATE MW3, at least the multiplayer.  I never play single player so it was probably a waste of money for me.  After the LAN, I will most likely never touch the game again.  The peer-to-peer for ranked servers sucks and is just a big lagfest.   
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 03:55:20 AM »

Yeah BF3 beats MW3 hands down.  If BF3 had LAN server capability right now there would not even be a contest.  MW3 seems to be just a map pack fo MW2 when it comes to multiplayer.  Sure they added in dedicated servers but made the dumbest decision by not allowing dedicated servers to be ranked.  I understand doing this for servers anyone can run but why not at least rented ones or like it was in COD4?

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 06:48:49 PM »

Sadly, I am inclined to agree with Crash and Action regarding the multiplayer of MW3.  However, the single player part of the game has much better graphics and a good storyline and is quite fun.  But again, I don't really get these games for single player.  Also, I don't recall a zombie part of this version either.

I will have to admit that BF3 is a better gameas far as Multiplayer goes.  Now if only BF3 had a single player game to it.  Although the Co-op is fun.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
myndmelt
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »

I really dont understand your guys' complaints about mw3. Maybe someone could explain it better. Also I think the mp on BF3 is the rehashed same stuff as it has been for years. HUGGEEE MAP. everyone hides and snipes. If you arent in cover than your getting sniped. Its boring to me. I like the BF3 Single player as well as MW3. 
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 11:59:45 PM »

mw3 blows huge chunks what a waiste of 60 bucks and im so glad we werent offered the elite service as well cause i would have put a bullet in my head thinking of how much money i would have wasted on top of the 60 i already did.  im not a huge fan of bf games myself but to compare the 2 games mw3 doesnt even stand a chance against it.  after the lan this game will diffenitly be put on a shelf to collect dust peice of crap. peer to peer blows and the graphics are so weak in my opinion to bad there wasnt a beta for this game cause i wouldnt have bought it in the first place.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx