Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 18, 2024, 03:33:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: MW3 or BF3? Which to choose?  (Read 26558 times)
AceNightBlade
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 12:59:29 AM »

MW3 to me is just one big re-skinned version of MW2 with new maps. The only real reason i'm playing it now is to rank up to the maximum. But one thing i noticed is that its a lot funner than usual when you're playing with friends. But I guess that's true for any game Smiley.
BF3 is much more intense and engaging. Especially because of the sound.
I was a tad bit disappointed with the Bf3 coop, since I thought it was going to be campaign instead of special ops style missions.
I haven't really done much of the MW3 coop, but I honestly think its a bit more fitting and less frustrating than the BF3 ones. (I'm pretty bad at piloting helicopters.)
So for me, I guess BF3 takes the cake.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »

will have to admit that BF3 is a better gameas far as Multiplayer goes.  Now if only BF3 had a single player game to it.  Although the Co-op is fun.

Unless I am very mistaken, BF3 does have a single player campaign.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 03:30:14 AM »

It has a single player but its total crap.   Story is shit, and Dice even admitted in an interview that the solo game is more of training for getting people ready for multiplayer then it is a real solo mission game.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »

It has a single player but its total crap.   Story is shit, and Dice even admitted in an interview that the solo game is more of training for getting people ready for multiplayer then it is a real solo mission game.
Good deal, I am glad they concentrated on the MP aspect.  They did a very nice job IMHO.  Now if they would release a LAN server like they eventually did for BF2.

[TC] Action
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »

BF3 here

I choose not to purchase Modern Warfare 3. The last time I enjoyed this series was during the 4th release...since that point the quality and controls have degraded to a low quality console-like point that I simply can no longer accept. I am voting with my wallet on this one.

I purchased Battlefield 3 and spend 100% of my time playing large conquest maps with 63 other players. I love the massive battlefield.
Some of my favorite things:
Sniper Hunting...I use the wide open space to flank and stab.
The audio sounds amazing...it should be noisy and hard to hear other soldiers...it is war.
Shooting helos with a tank...still a most enjoyable explosion.
Team work - this game rewards teamwork.

Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »

I wish I would have waited for both, as I would not have bought either of them.  But oh well.  I got suckered on both these games.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 05:53:51 PM »

I wish I would have waited for both, as I would not have bought either of them.  But oh well.  I got suckered on both these games.
Unless it is because of graphics lag or something, I really do not understand why you do not like BF3?  You really liked BF2 and Bad Company 2 and BF3 is just those but with much better graphics and game play.  Sure Origin is annoying but from what I read you do not even need it running anymore.  And the web based Battlelog is actually nice with all the info it provides.  I see why they did it this way.  Mind you I am a web developer as well.

BF3 does require a very modern PC with at least a 460 or 560 GTX graphics card to really enjoy it.  I know bad company 2 lagged on my old GTS275 unless I forced it into DirectX 9 mode only.  I wonder if you can do that with BF3?

If BF3 had a "LAN" mode if would be game of the year hands down.

[TC] Action
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »

I am with Jeff I was disappointed in them both for different reasons.    I like Black Ops better then I do either of MW3 or BF3.    If BF3 had LAN servers it would be the defacto LAN game that is for sure though.    MW3 is ok, but they chicken shitted out on so many things that put them together and yea well not a great game.    It will still get played alot, and played at LAN's due to the local LAN server but I see it's shelf life going way down.    What is funny though is that on the console side of things MW3 is KILLING BF3 in sales, in gamers online etc.  I dont get that at all, as I do agree BF3 is the better of the 2 games.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »

BF3 is a better game, no doubt.  I also have no issues with the game with the video card I have.  I just can't quite put my finger on what it is that bothers me so much to where I don't like it.  Although like I ahve said before, I do like it better than when I first got it.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Nacelle
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 02:16:55 AM »

I started out not liking BF3. Then I figured out that playing on 16 player servers made it more fun for me. You can roam around the map with your squad without worrying that every window and bush has someone in it ready to kill you. Too many people equal dying real fast.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 02:47:49 AM »

I started out not liking BF3. Then I figured out that playing on 16 player servers made it more fun for me. You can roam around the map with your squad without worrying that every window and bush has someone in it ready to kill you. Too many people equal dying real fast.
I agree with Nacelle, I like the smaller servers.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 02:52:16 AM »

Yeah I have to agree... 32 player MAX.  Not only is it more strategic if you will but plays much smoother as I do not think servers are quite ready for that many players.  The code still needs more tweaking for it IMHO.  I was the same with with BF:BC2 as well.

[TC] Action
myndmelt
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »

So far from what I played I have liked the single player of BF3 not the story but the action is pretty sweet. As far as the multiplayer I feel its rehashed same old same old sniper fest. Roll Eyes Maybe if I were to try out those smaller servers it would be more fun.

And I'm having a ton of fun with MW3 on both Xbox 360 and PC! Cool

Also I am going to have an extra copy of BF3-PC *NEW & Unused* at the Lan for only 50. So if someone wants to pick it up there's a 10 dollar discount and you don't even have to go pick it up.
Denied
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »

So far from what I played I have liked the single player of BF3 not the story but the action is pretty sweet. As far as the multiplayer I feel its rehashed same old same old sniper fest. Roll Eyes Maybe if I were to try out those smaller servers it would be more fun.

And I'm having a ton of fun with MW3 on both Xbox 360 and PC! Cool

Also I am going to have an extra copy of BF3-PC *NEW & Unused* at the Lan for only 50. So if someone wants to pick it up there's a 10 dollar discount and you don't even have to go pick it up.

I will buy it.  I was waiting for it to go on sale, and that is a perfect price for me. 

I decided not to buy MW3.  I decided to get Skyrim instead.  I am waiting for DOTA2 and SWTOR  to take my hard earned money.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx