Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 11:16:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 9 Overnight general rules  (Read 11385 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »

Since this is the 1st overnight NeXus LAN wanted to list the rules for late night hours which are pretty much the same as other over night LAN's

Event hours are 12pm Nov 19th thru 4pm Nov 20th.

From the hours of 3am to 8am we will have quiet time.    What this means is the lights are down WAY low, people are expected to be quiet so others can crash an get some sleep.  You can game, stay up etc, just be mindfull of people sleeping.

From 3am to 8am no equipment may leave the building.   What this means is if you plan to take your PC, laptop etc with you to a hotel or home over night you need to do it before 3am.

At least 1 Staff member will be awake at all times at the entrance area to keep an eye on things over night and enforce the no equipment leaving rule.

We will have room for people to toss down sleeping bags, air mattresses etc, as well as sleeping under tables like so many usually do or in your chair (ronster).

Anyone questions let us know.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:07:21 PM »

So will there be a wake-up call Scheduled? Seems like  you said at 8am i can start yelling "RAFFLE" to wake people up. This is going to be a fun morning for all :-)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:17:31 PM »

Dunno about a make up call lol but at 8am your not expected to be major quiet etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
myndmelt
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »

You know on the topic of yelling. I love peoples enthusiasm and excitement I really do. But the constant screaming and screeching at LanOC 9.0 was awfully annoying. I hope people can control them self's a little better in that respect. Maybe I'm the only one who's annoyed by it. But I know I had to basically have my headphones on full blast while gaming to get over the screeching, hollering, yelling, etc then I missed announcements and then as they happened.   

/rant
twodavez
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »

Are you talking just yelling in general or just during scheduled Raffle times? I think the Raffle rants are actually funny, although i'm usually the one doing them, so i'm not sure if they are generally funny, or just to me...
I'd have to say the fun of having everyone in the same room is that you can yell at them when you kill them, or even when they kill you. It adds to the fun. Although i think the use of Mumble and a softer voice could do the same job, not everyone gets on mumble or is in the same channels...
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx