Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 06:59:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Non-PC Gaming?  (Read 16373 times)
twodavez
« on: October 27, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »

I have a friend who might be interested in coming, he's not a huge PC guy, but wouldn't mind brining his PS3 or Xbox 360 along with his PC to play. Would there be a spot for him to set up his TV/Gaming system in addition to his PC, or would he just need to plan on setting it all up at his spot? I know at previous LAN's there were Wii's  and other gaming systems set up with projectors, but i wasn't sure if that was going to be this time around also?

I mean he'll play LOL, TF2, and the other free games, but he's mainly purchased the big titles on his Console instead of his PC. which i wouldn't blame him, single guy, big screen TV, why not just play in the living room instead of sitting at a desk  Grin

I'm sure he could set up at his seat, but if someone else wanted to play a game with him, it might be a tight fit, an extra table would be cool, if that's a possibility...

He's not 100% about coming, i just thought i'd ask in case he does want to come.

Thanks
myndmelt
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 01:40:49 PM »

I cant speak for the Nexus team but most lans allow you to have 1 PC Rig or 1 laptop per seat. I would guess if he wants to bring a pc and a console/tv and set it all up that would mean 2 seats would need to be purchased because of space and power.
twodavez
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:52:31 PM »

I cant speak for the Nexus team but most lans allow you to have 1 PC Rig or 1 laptop per seat. I would guess if he wants to bring a pc and a console/tv and set it all up that would mean 2 seats would need to be purchased because of space and power.

I agree, but since unless someone else in the room has a console, he wouldn't be able to LAN/Play with someone else in the room. So by setting up another table away from the group, it would allow for others to play the same game on the same screen. He would only hook up one (the PC or console) at a time, but if someone wanted to play with him, it would create a space issue...

That's why i'm asking :-)
myndmelt
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »

I'm not opposed to it. I love console gaming. And I wouldn't mind doing lan gaming on my 360 in that setting. But there is no way im also going to lug a tv and a xbox to the event too, especially if you would have to pay for a 2nd seat.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »

We do not have a planned console area anymore as the console plays dwindled down to nothing and the PC players increased with each LAN.   As it stands he can have them at his seat and only have 1 or the other turned on at a time for power reasons.    We can TRY to set up a table to put a console on at the LAN but I will not know for sure on space for doing that until the day of since this is a new location.    We know the building size etc but until I get all the rows in place staff, make sure sleeping room etc I cant say for sure I will have room for an added table for a console or 2.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »

I totally understand the power thing. I just talked to him and it's sounding likely, that he'll come. We'll just plan on him bringing his Laptop and a console and a monitor and just use one at a time. I might even give him my end seat so he could use that extra space for another person to come over and play with him.
I wouldn't be opposed to finding out day of and re-adjusting if you think there would be enough room for a seperate table away from the PC's that would allow more than one person access to the console.
We'll just play it by ear. And i agree the Console people either bring their PC, or game at home, just thought it was worth asking since i didn't make it to the last NeXuS to see if there was non-PC gaming...

Just let me know when/if you find out more details and we'll go from there.  Wink
myndmelt
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »

If he does decide to bring his console can you post back and say what console (I'm guessing 360) and what games he might be bringing. I might bring a controller and some other games that might be fun. It may deserve its on thread.

Kiss
JinjoA006
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 01:29:05 AM »

Hi all,
I'm the friend of twodavez was talking about?  I can bring my PC only instead of a console, it's no problem to me, this is my first LAN party, so I'm a noob at this.  LOL Grin  If the PC would provide me with a better experience I'm all for that.  Any tips or advice would be great.  Thanks all, can't wait to meet some of you!!!
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

If you are wondering who else is bringing consoles, I will have my 360 at the ready in case people want to do some stuff on console (halo ann edition, marvel 3, etc). I can also take console/game req too.

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
JinjoA006
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »

Cool, bring the 360, I'll bring Gears of War 3, let me know if anyone else has game requests. Smiley
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 12:00:53 AM »

My console has a nice layer of dust on it.  I haven't touched it in I dont know how long.  They bore me now.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
myndmelt
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »

My console has a nice layer of dust on it.  I haven't touched it in I dont know how long.  They bore me now.

you could always sell it at the lan, maybe send me a pm with some games you have if you want to get rid of them I might buy something.
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »

Yeah, I was going to say...I'd be interested too if you wanted to sell yours. How old is it?
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx