Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 08:03:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strategy games at Nexus  (Read 16035 times)
f1cti0n
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:11:27 PM »

Just wanted to thank whoever idea it was to add strategy games to the Nexus tournaments. I know FPS is really the focus of most lans but there still is a huge community for RTS/Action RTS genres still.
I had a question about the SC2 tourney. If I wanted to play in the SC2 tournament and the LoL tourney but I was needed to play SC during the LoL tournament, how would that work exactly?

I also had a question as to how to unregister for a tournament? Maybe I am blind but I been looking for the option for the past 15 minutes lol..
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:13:20 PM »

SC matches are to be played as each person is available so if in LoL you will have no issues as the SC2 runs all weekend long till we get it done basically.

There isnt an unregister.  Which one do you want taken out of I can do it for you.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Denied
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:17:30 PM »

Yea, it just did not feel right running a LAN without SC2.  We knew a small group of people came to the LAN last time just to play RTS.  I personally love RTS and Strats in general, but I like FPS too.  I know there are a ton of people that would like the lineup to be FPS, FPS, FPS, and more FPS.

I will post a bracket for the SC2 tourney at the beginning of the LAN.  It is your responsibilty to find your opponent and schedule a time to play.  You can play Sat or Sun, but I would like to have the first round and second round done on Sat.  You will mark down your win on the bracket posted, and wait for your next opponent.
Nacelle
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 02:11:49 AM »

I know Starcraft is THE strategy game, but I'm more of a fan of Company of Heroes. Is there anyone down for some WW2 action. A big 4v4 match would be lots of fun.
aaronl29
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »

Im a Company of Heroes fan and a few of the others that are coming with me are too so we would be down with that. We like Dawn of War and Supreme Commander too if anyone else likes them.
Nacelle
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »

Which DoW? I have the Original DoW2. The one the runs on Game for Window Live. I don't play enough to warrant getting the latest version that's on Steam. It' essentially the same game.
myndmelt
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »

Im a Company of Heroes fan and a few of the others that are coming with me are too so we would be down with that. We like Dawn of War and Supreme Commander too if anyone else likes them.

Hey I have Company of heroes. I need to play some of that.
aaronl29
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 12:22:39 PM »

Which DoW? I have the Original DoW2. The one the runs on Game for Window Live. I don't play enough to warrant getting the latest version that's on Steam. It' essentially the same game.

We all just play DoW 1. We never liked DoW2 any
garfi3ld
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 04:28:01 PM »

+1 for dow1

Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »

What about Command and Conquer Generals?  Or any C&C game?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
twodavez
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 07:21:56 PM »

What about Command and Conquer Generals?  Or any C&C game?

Are any of these Freeware yet? the original was one of the best ones made!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx