Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 16, 2024, 01:19:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: MW3 - All dedicated servers will be unranked?  (Read 23187 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 05:14:40 AM »

Lincoln, your problems with BC2 was probably punk buster.  If I recall correctly, your symptoms all pointed to that.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »

Anyone else seeing a problem with pre-ordering through steam/Amazon? hmm. I wanted to play NOW!
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »

Not impressed .... I don't see anything special about the game and peer-to-peer sucks.  Sad  I will play it at the LAN but after that I will just go back to BF3, way better game.
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »

Lincoln, your problems with BC2 was probably punk buster.  If I recall correctly, your symptoms all pointed to that.

You're probably right.  Although anytime I checked at PB's website and ran an update/check, it showed I had the most recent version for BC2 and all my games were up to date.  I just assumed it was an issue w/ my router.  What bugged me was that none of my other games had the same issue and I hadn't changed anything, so that's why it bothered me that after following their instructions for opening the ports and everything else they suggested that it still didn't work and I could only play the single player campaign. Long, old, worn-out story.  Grin
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »

Lincoln's issue was his router from what I looked up way back.   Router said it was the game, game said it was the router.    If he by passed router it worked fine, and it worked fine at the store at mini lan's

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »

Lincoln's issue was his router from what I looked up way back.   Router said it was the game, game said it was the router.    If he by passed router it worked fine, and it worked fine at the store at mini lan's

Yeppers.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »

Unless your blocking all outgoing ports or going to run a server or something you never should have to open ports.  Oh well yeah game is old now. BF3 is much better and I see no reason I would ever play BC2 again.

By the way now that MW2 is out, I was right more P2P lagfest Smiley  And I am extremely unimpressed by the graphics.  BF3 compared to it is like night and day.  It just feels so 2 years ago and an obvious console port.  But I'll still play it and it does seem like LAN play will be just like COD4 which is a good thing. BF3 is just a much better game.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 11:43:09 PM »

I think there is room for both games to be honest.   And each one is not the same thing, where MW3 is more close tight fast paced combat, and bf3 is more open, squad, work together game.    I am not unhappy I bought both to be honest, and with MW3 and local lan it will be the new mw3 especially once mods start coming out.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 11:51:36 PM »

HOMEFRONT! HOMEFRONT! HOMEFRONT! HOMEFRONT! HOMEFR...

Oh...sorry.  Grin
spyware89
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 04:53:36 AM »

Played MW3 for 20 minutes finally today... want my money back...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx