Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 25, 2024, 08:23:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Counter-Strike Source Gun Game  (Read 17223 times)
spyware89
« on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:33 PM »

Idk how much interest there would be in this, but either for this or future LANs I could setup a Counter-strike source gun game mod server pretty easily for a time killing thing when people aren't in tournaments. I've set up a few for some now-defunct clans before, and I could probably throw some parts together to host it easily. Quake 2 old school got me thinking about this game again.
Just food for thought.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:35:07 AM »

What is Counter-Strike?  I don't recognize that game.  Undecided

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
spyware89
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 12:36:30 AM »

lol, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »

He knows he knows, but he wont admit it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
spyware89
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »

Well I guess that shows how dated I am Sad got to apply for social security soon  Cry
shocka
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 11:58:05 PM »

I'm down!  Not the best at CSS but I love gun game!  Grin
tetsuo
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 01:29:12 AM »

Im down for some CSS. Havent played it since cod4, but I still got it.
spyware89
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:12:46 AM »

Well thats a couple, good enough for me. I will throw a spare drive in my old system and start putting a server together on it. If no one uses it, oh well, but it'll be there if we want it. That is, as long as none of the Admins have a problem with it?

If any one has any maps they specifically want in there, please post them. I have a slew of small/medium gun game and weird maps, like the lego maps I used to use.
Javik
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »

I've never played Gun Game, but I'm a big fan of CS:S and will be willing to try it out for sure.
spyware89
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 05:29:34 PM »

For any one else that hasn't played the GG mod before:
Its generally played on small maps, there are no objectives in most cases (hostage rescue/bomb plants have been remove) So it basically turns into a team death match scenario, and has respawn enabled. So the round doesn't reset like it does on normal CS:S unless by some chance every member of a team is dead in the same time frame (unless they fixed that glitch by now)
You start off with a gun, some servers have it start on pistols, some random, I prefer "reverse gun game" so you will start with a high level weapon.
After you get a certain number of kills with that gun, you are given a new one. A single kill with a knife will automatically advance you to the next weapon, and put the victim on the previous level (its funny to do it to people that just got off the AWP or Scout)
Even though it still has teams, you aren't really on a team, a team doesn't win, a single player wins. The player that wins is the first to make it to the final level and get a kill (traditionally knife or grenade)
Its a good game/mod combination to use when people will be joining/leaving mid map, since there isn't team coordination issues like with CS:S stock, TF2, or L4D
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »

I can't stand CS  as it is no where near as accurate or fun as BlackOps and other FPSs but this does sound interesting.  How does it compare to the Black OPs Gun Mod which is very fun?  And will I still get a headache from the poor low end graphics of CS? Smiley

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
spyware89
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »

They updated the graphics of CS:S a LOT in the last year, bringing it up to par using parts from the L4D and TF2 engine improvements.
I only did the BO GG once, so I am not extremely familiar with it, but I know that they stole it from CS:S gg, since the mod has been around for 10 years. And I remember feeling like they did a very mediocre job of stealing it, but that might just be me. I honestly forget what my specific complaints were, but if I get time tonight I will get on black ops and refresh my memory.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx