Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 25, 2024, 05:32:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: MW3 Settings....  (Read 34264 times)
myndmelt
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 02:19:53 PM »

I like team defender - but not for a tournament, and no the kill streaks should not be allowed. I say keep it simple.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 01:12:21 AM »

Yeah as much as I can't stand when someone sends a fleet of choppers I think taking kill streaks out would take a piece of the game away.  Especially with MW3 having more than damaging kill streaks.  The support kill streak set is really good for the team for example.  If anything allow those and the specialized streaks.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »

Can't you take out what you want?  What if we did only killstreaks for items that did no damage to anyone?  IE. UAV's...Ballistic Vests...Counter UAV's...etc.  What do you all think about that?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
DaRKaMuS
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »

You guy are hosting a wm3 random teams hardcore and have not thought about the under average players that will go 2-17 in the game.  What ever game type you choose should be the the regular format for that reason alone . One person can ruin the game in hardcore setting . Plus we are playing for tickets not the CPL and big cash.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »

We always run hardcore mode in FPS games, we have been doing that with COD4 since NeXus LAN 1.   As for teams that is why we ask people to rank themselves so that we when we random out the teams we take all the say above avaerage and random them out over the teams then the next lvl down etc so 1 team does not end up with a stacked team due to pure random chance.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
DaRKaMuS
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 02:35:59 AM »

You missing the point those players can and will loose the game for you in hardcore settings but in regular tdm etc they have a better chance of getting a higher score.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 04:45:10 AM »

I don't know how you can say that with random teams like our format.  Teams should even out unless people blantantly lie about their skill level, which may happen.  But I dont see how one person can ruin it for everyone. 

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 06:14:51 AM »

You missing the point those players can and will loose the game for you in hardcore settings but in regular tdm etc they have a better chance of getting a higher score.
We have done it this way at everyone one of our LANS.

[TC] Action
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 06:18:10 AM »

It really doesn't matter which one we play in the tournament.  But, I think what he is saying is that MW3 HC is like one shot one kill, and so newer people have no chance of survival, but in regular mode, they have more of a fighting chance.

I have only  played HC on ranked servers and most of the time it is the person with the best ping that wins.... usually, whoever is hosting the game.  If you lag, you die.  You're dead before the person even registers on your screen.  It probably won't be as bad on dedicated server, but it's still one shot-one kill.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »

As I have said we are going to use HC but change the health to standard so we get the changes HUD etc but not the paper thin health to avoid the one shot kill kinda thing.  Course the HC's I have played on it too me 3 bullets to kill a person sure one spread kills but not just 1 bullet.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
tetsuo
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »

I do agree there. I like all the other options with HC but I think Health need raised to mid way b/w Norm and HC and Wep Damage needs lowered.
I will have to disagree with this, considering how many hit markers I get sometimes. Also, about players dying too fast, its not our fault how fast people die. Thats not because its HC , its because players run and gun aimlessly with no consideration. Just a thought.
I dont game for fun. LOL!
DaRKaMuS
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 04:29:16 PM »

As I have said we are going to use HC but change the health to standard so we get the changes HUD etc but not the paper thin health to avoid the one shot kill kinda thing.  Course the HC's I have played on it too me 3 bullets to kill a person sure one spread kills but not just 1 bullet.

Thats it and beside that Hc is a camp fest . How do you take you self off the list for the tournament?
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »

As I have said we are going to use HC but change the health to standard so we get the changes HUD etc but not the paper thin health to avoid the one shot kill kinda thing.  Course the HC's I have played on it too me 3 bullets to kill a person sure one spread kills but not just 1 bullet.
Uhm your going to use standard health?  That does not make much sense for HC?   I understand maybe one or two shots but standard?  That sometimes is a full clip.  If your going to do that just us standard settings altogether or am I missing something here?  

[TC] Action
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »

Well when I said standard I meant the middle value.  There is Full, middle and miniscule.  I am not going to use miniscule

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »

Before taking names off, why doesnt everyone wait until we finialize the settings today from testing the server.    Nothing is in stone until later today/tonight when we post.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx