Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 04:59:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 10 coming soon in 2012.....  (Read 12363 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »

Keep and eye on this thread, and your email for info on NeXus LAN 10.   Projected time frame is April/May 2012.

If your email address changed update it in the forums to make sure you get notices we send out.

Thanks to all attendee's for a GREAT NeXus LAN 10!!!

See you in 2012

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Fildy
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »

Calendar cleared, can't wait!
tetsuo
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »

Sounds great. If I may suggest ahead of time; can teams attend? At least post ahead of time so players can get organized.
I understand not having teams allows a more evenly leveled fun gaming tournament. What Im talking about is separate from that.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »

We made it an active decision from NeXus LAN 1 that we would do random teams for our tournaments, vs pre-made teams.    We want people to interact and meet the other gamers, vs just talking/gaming with their team etc.    Several of us were DLF staff and we saw this WAY too much there when pre-made teams were allowed.   Those teams would show up for usually 1 specific game, and play that game only and only play with those 4/5 people the whole weekend. 

The whole NeXus staff really didnt like or want that kind of an atmosphere with NeXus LAN.

Now teams are more then welcome to come and attend, sit together, etc, even run your own un-offical team based tournaments.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »

Looking forward to it. Hopefully this time, I will be able to stay for the whole thing.  Grin

By the way, I am more of a FPS gamer, but I really enjoyed playing the HoN tournament. I'm not the best player, but it was a fun game, and I hope we do that one again at the next LAN.
tetsuo
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 05:34:40 AM »

Roget that for sure. I was just implying in addition too. Had a great time this weekend!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx