Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 25, 2024, 01:25:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brink question  (Read 19078 times)
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2011, 10:04:37 PM »

I noticed that Brink is available on Steam for 5 bucks this weekend and I was wondering if anyone who bought this, were they able to work out the bugs that people talked about initially?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »

I have dont play it, and wont be playing it.   Would play mw3 before I played brink.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »

I have dont play it, and wont be playing it.   Would play mw3 before I played brink.

That bad, huh?  Grin  Thanks for the feedback. I won't waste my 5 bucks then.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:32 AM »

Well for $5 bucks might as well... never know a mod might come out or something that actually makes it good.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »

I dunno, I think it would be better buying a 5.00 lottery ticket vs this game.   There are no mod tools for it, and its a TF2 clone that even the tf2 people didnt like.  A turd is still a turd no matter the price or how much you polish it.

Heck if I was able to I would give my copy to you in steam, I will never play it again as I am sure Cyphis, Ronster and a few othrers would as well.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »

Well for $5 bucks might as well... never know a mod might come out or something that actually makes it good.
Good point.

I dunno, I think it would be better buying a 5.00 lottery ticket vs this game.   There are no mod tools for it, and its a TF2 clone that even the tf2 people didnt like.  A turd is still a turd no matter the price or how much you polish it.

Heck if I was able to I would give my copy to you in steam, I will never play it again as I am sure Cyphis, Ronster and a few othrers would as well.
LOL. :-)
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »

weak ass game what a waste
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »

Yes, a turd of a game, but I liked it better than TF2.  Of course, Dead Island was a bust.  BF3 was a bit of a bust for me and MW3 was a bust.  games this year just suck.  I am so ready for Star Wars The Old Republic to immerse myself into that so I can quit all the other games.  Although until that, I am immersed in Skyrim.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

I do not see Dead Island as a bust its a fun game we have just not gotten back together to play it more since they fixed the coop code.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »

BF3 is not a bust!
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »

BF3 is not a bust!

I qualified it saying it was a bit of a bust for me.  I didn't implicate anyone else's opinion on it.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:31 PM »

I agree with Jeff BF3 is so so for me, and MW3 is a bust but could be so much better if they just gave ability to rent ranked dedicated servers.   The game mods etc are fun.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 11:55:47 PM »

Okay, so bottom line, not everyone was happy w/ Brink.  Grin

On a side note, and I may have to post this as a new thread, but I know most of you guys are pretty gung-ho on SWTOR, but I was a beta tester and wasn't really impressed.  In fact, their pre-release video trailers were actually a little deceptive as to the actual quality of the game.  The characters are like humanized versions of cartoon characters as far as their graphics go, and their interface was almost as if someone took WOW, crossed it with Fallen Earth, and turned it on its head.

If SWOTR was free to play, I would probably pay the initial $40 or $50 for the client and then play it online, but I won't drop $15 a month to waste my time w/ this game. A little disappointed.  Sad
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 12:30:56 AM »

Have to disagree with you on SWTOR I think its a good game.   As for interface why change something that works.   WoW's interface is just perfect and other companies copy that.    Graphics are good, and you not going to see BF3 style graphics in an MMO the PC's, servers etc simply could not handle it.

Right now the people I know getting SWTOR are Denied, Ronster, Tiny_Elvis, Cyphis, Venus_Wong, Action, and myself.    There are others in Top Cats as well getting it.  I think we have like 15 people in our guild already before launch.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 05:45:38 AM »

Have to disagree with you on SWTOR I think its a good game.   As for interface why change something that works.   WoW's interface is just perfect and other companies copy that.    Graphics are good, and you not going to see BF3 style graphics in an MMO the PC's, servers etc simply could not handle it.

Right now the people I know getting SWTOR are Denied, Ronster, Tiny_Elvis, Cyphis, Venus_Wong, Action, and myself.    There are others in Top Cats as well getting it.  I think we have like 15 people in our guild already before launch.

Maybe it was just the limited functionality of the beta version I tested, but it just didn't grab me, that's all.  Blame it on preference.  Grin
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx