Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 02:44:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Brink question  (Read 18711 times)
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

Yeah, the interface is like WoW, but backwards.  But so is every other MMORPG out there.  The thing I like about SWTOR is that it is heavily story based.  If you rush through and don't watch the video talk scenes, you miss half the game.  Also, group chatting in a sigle conversation is kind of cool.  you get group points for answering the same and it rolls to see who leads the conversation at that point.  I actually think that is pretty nifty.  It's like everyone gets their opinion and the loudest talker wins...kinda...LOL.

Now I will admit, playing the dark side is more fun than playing the light side.  Sorry Action.  But I did try the light side as well and there are some nice things about it.  But being a jedi Knight was not one of them.  Basically you are surrounded by a bunch of Paladins if you are an old D&D player you know how annoying they can be.   Grin

Graphics are better than WoW.  But umm, it's a video game, so all of them are cartoon like characters.  But it is better graphics than the cartoon show of Star Wars. 

My only complaint about SWTOR is the crafting system.  You have to send your companions out to get crafting materials and stuff, but you have to pay them to do it.  So each crafting "quest" you have to purchase.  They are definately going a different route on that one.  But I didn't play with it a ton, so I can't say a lot on it.

But I had a blast with the game.  And I will be one of the ones heavy into it.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »

Now I will admit, playing the dark side is more fun than playing the light side.  Sorry Action.  But I did try the light side as well and there are some nice things about it.  But being a jedi Knight was not one of them.  Basically you are surrounded by a bunch of Paladins if you are an old D&D player you know how annoying they can be.   Grin
Well there is not a dark/light "side" since you can go dark or light on either side. I do like the Smuggler class on the Republic though.  Have you tried him?

As for BF3, I still do not understand what you do not like about it.  You loved BF2 (and BF2142) and enjoyed BFBC2.  BF3 is very similar except much better graphics and game play. To me by far the best PC FPS on the market.  But, if you like to run around and shoot on your own like Blackops, no your not going to like BF3.  BF3 is very team or more specifically squad based and VERY realistic of a real battle. I just wonder if your video card is what is turning you off on the game.  I even have to play medium graphics on a GTX580 to get consistant 90-100FPS.  And if you go below lets say 50, you can get the one shot kill and not even know.  Though, with that said, the latest patch improved graphics and network lag quite a bit and I may try high or even ultra settings again.  Also there is actually a patch out today that improves even more.  And if you have a very high speed internet connection you can now tweak it.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »

I am not playing BF3 nor am I playing MW3.  Maybe i am just tired of the same games rehashed.  There needs to be something new out there for FPS'ers that doesn't remind me of the previous version.

The only game I am really playing right now is Skyrim. Fun game, but I miss playing and bad-mouthing off at others while playing.  I just need something more than what is out there right now.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »

I am not playing BF3 nor am I playing MW3.  Maybe i am just tired of the same games rehashed.  There needs to be something new out there for FPS'ers that doesn't remind me of the previous version.

The same exact reason I am not impressed w/ SWTOR. They weren't inventive. They weren't original. They weren't risky...except for the fact that they took a big risk designing such a mediocre second-rate game.  Everyone was just as gung-ho and pumped up about Start Trek Online and after the first three months it launched last Feb., it flopped.  And they are actually getting ready to move to the Free to Play model...at which time I will probably log on and play it  Grin. And as soon as SWOTR moves to the F2P model I will start playing that as well.  Star Trek's ground combat system makes much more sense, is more flexible, and easier to understand and use than my experience (granted beta test, but experience none-the-less) w/ SWOTR's. The bottom line, I'm just not into it. It didn't grab me.

I was going to hold off on sharing my thoughts about this whole thing, but since you guys continued to discuss it, I couldn't resist.  Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx