Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 09:30:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Age Of Conan  (Read 29219 times)
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 12:42:46 PM »

Well I have been playing here for about 2 weeks. So far here are my thoughts:

1. The Graphics. The graphics in the game rock. They are the most realistic of any game I have seen so far. The landscapes kick ass and the textures look sweet. Character animations are smooth and the details involved are pretty damn cool.

2. Gameplay. Took a bit to get used to. I have played WOW since its inception and it was a bit different layout to get adjusted to. AOC requires more interaction and involvement rather then the click-dead buttons. You actually have to pay attention and keep on your toes. The AI in the game is better then WOW in that if try to attack a single NPC, if there is ANY other NPC within 30-40 ft, they assist your target, unlike WOW.

3. Quests. PRetty much same thing as WOW, but they have something WOW doesnt have, a single-player/destiny mode. You run quests at night without any Multiplayer involvement and no interference or spawn camping/killing to worry about.

4. Gear. I am fairly low level so I can't speak to much on this yet.

5. Classes/Races. The classes overall are different enough to warrant trying them all. However, I was disappointed with the lack of races to choose from. 3, that is it. 3.

Well, back to gaming and let me know if you want any more info.
Infamousd
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »

yeah actually the 3 "races" are all human variations, no monster races are playable ATM.

The biggest problem with this game is the FPS. they need to fix this because even with a high level PC it is hard to keep the frames up when surrounded by other players, or in a city. One of the big claims for this game, the massive PVP battles and seiges, is broken to the point of unplayable for most.

I myself have only been playing long enough to get to level 20 with one char, but from what I'm reading on the forums alot of the advanced content is missing, or lacking in polish/workability. Alot of the promised features are broken/ not finished as well.

There are many imbalances that need to be worked out as far as classes in PVP, money systems, and skills.

None of these things are in themselves gamebreakers, but if you add them all up, and consider them as a whole, you might find the game still a bit off from complete. While this is not new to the gaming industry, releasing a game before it's completion, I would like to warn those who are considering buying this game now of what to expect.

AOC does have great eye candy, and alot of cool promises, but right now the developer is scrambling to make it to that point. I do think the $50 was well spent at this point, but i will find it hard to continue paying $15 a month if they don't make massive improvements...
Modious
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 11:16:01 PM »

I heard that the PVP in this game is dreadful compared to WoW and its all eyecandy.

dude wow is broken cause of the PVP...

WoW is completely meant for PvP. I dont see how it's "broken" due to it.
Delta
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 12:36:58 AM »

I heard that the PVP in this game is dreadful compared to WoW and its all eyecandy.

I been playing wow since before arenas and battlegrounds were introduced. The 40 man instances IMO were more fun then the PVP is now. PvE is pretty much broken cause of PvP...
Modious
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 03:42:01 AM »

I been playing wow since before arenas and battlegrounds were introduced. The 40 man instances IMO were more fun then the PVP is now. PvE is pretty much broken cause of PvP...

Well I guess they wanted to switch over to completely keep the PvP characters happy, doesnt this happen in all MMO's pretty much.
They all have their downhill point and people switch to the next hottest thing.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx