Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 05:12:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: It is Official!  (Read 37095 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »

It is offical, Blizzard is developing Diablo III for the PC.   http://www.blizzard.com
They have been teasing about it all week with splash screens etc.  Had the world guessing their new game, but today at WWI 2008 they officially announced it.  From the game play video, which will blow you away, it appears they have alot done.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »

It looks awesome.  I hope we don't have to wait too terribly long.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Delta
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:09:10 PM »

Man i cant wait! I love the Diablo series
virt
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »

It's Diablo 2...with higher system requirements. :\

...still interested. XD
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:11:32 PM »

Me2. Looks cool as hell. Watching the changes they made with respect to graphics and gameplay looks good. Curious how they retooled the other three class: mage, amazon, and warrior.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »

Kinda wish they had added custom characters so we could change the looks some but yeah looks good.   Can't wait till 2010 when it comes out!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:40:40 PM »

Kinda wish they had added custom characters so we could change the looks some but yeah looks good.   Can't wait till 2010 when it comes out!
I dunno from the game play video it looks like they already have a lot done... We all might just be surprised how quickly it does come out.  I know there was screens and not sure but I think even game play footage when Star Craft 2 was announced but the graphics looked not much different than Star Craft 1 where the graphics and game play on Diablo 3 is much much more improved over Diablo 2.  So it definitely looks like they are pretty far into development.  I do not expect a 2008 release but maybe June 29, 2009.

I give Blizzard props for being able to keep this underwraps for so long (other than a few rumors here and there).

[TC] Action
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »

Place your bets on when it will come out.

My pick Dec 09

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 09:15:14 PM »

I'm gonna say June 29, 2009.  But only because June 29th is when D1 and d2 came out.  If not the June 29, 2010.

*** Edit to say Diablo 1 came out in Jan, 97 not June, but D2 was June 29, 2000 and D2: LOD was June 29, 2001.  So I am still thinking they would stay the course and shoot for a June 29 date.

[TC] Action
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:11:18 PM »

Diablo 1 was Jan 97, Diabo 2 was June 29th 2000.

Thinking that Dec 09 the best shot, if not then probably summer 2010.   Course they will also make sure not to release SC 2 or Lich King anytime near the other to maximize sales so who knows but yeah I am sure we got a min of a year wait on D3,  I think they will get released Lich King, SC2, D3 in that order.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 02:10:59 AM »

I found confirmation that it has been in development for awhile now.  I am watching the developers Q&A and they answered that it has been in development now for 4 years so yes it is already a lot done.  So I am still thinking June 29, 2009 if not sooner.

Here is the Q&A video: http://www.incgamers.com/Videos/42/Diablo-3-Developer-Panel

[TC] Action
Delta
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »

i been hearing a rumor of an 08 Christmas release, or around that time!
Delta
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 09:19:38 AM »

Me2. Looks cool as hell. Watching the changes they made with respect to graphics and gameplay looks good. Curious how they retooled the other three class: mage, amazon, and warrior.

btw they have only shown 2 classes, who and where does it say those will be the other 3 classes? where the pali? necro? ect? or they all going to be 3 new classes, we dont know!
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »

It's Diablo 2...with higher system requirements. :\

...still interested. XD

100% yes.  I loved Diablo 2 and it had a lasting group of players.  I have a system that should run it, so I should be good to go.  Would love to see it hit by Christmas 2008, but I bet it will not be out until christmas 2009.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »

btw they have only shown 2 classes, who and where does it say those will be the other 3 classes? where the pali? necro? ect? or they all going to be 3 new classes, we dont know!

The Q&A said there will be several classes and both male and female for each class instead of for example the sorc being female only.

[TC] Action
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx