Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 03:41:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 10 Sponsor - Gamer Grub  (Read 32729 times)
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 09:49:04 PM »

People are supposed to actually look in their bags.  That is the point of them.  There is a lot of good info in them, and as some found out, even some nice little goodies.   Grin

TwoDaves, I will try and remember to bring you a bag for the next LANOC.  If it doesn't get eaten on the way up.   Tongue

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 03:05:05 AM »

I would hope that people do not just throw away a bag of swag items as that would be an insult to a sponsor and a big mistake to the person.  I always go thru my bags right away to see what I got and if something random special is in there.   

Randomly in the bags there were Keychain bottle openers, Gamer Grub, Mouse Pads, some really nice pens in some of the bags from TP link, i70 paint ball screw drivers, as well as everyone got sticker for quixby, seating chart, CPU Mag, advertisements from vendors, and 2 passes for i70 paint ball in every bag.

So yeah people should always check their bags for goodies.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »

I always go through my bag also. I typically throw away the sponsor stuff i'll never look at. I know i'm not in the market for a new router, so unfortunatly the TCP Link crap is the first to go. Thanks for the sponsor ship, but if i wanna look at your product, i'm going to go to your website...  Grin Maybe just a 1 page thing would work just as well to save your company a little money. Pens are always fun and the free table is really where that stuff needs to be. I'm not sure how much of a pain stuffing the bags are, but i kinda liked how it was at the school, where you'd just have a swag table, then people could pick up only what they felt would be used by them. Plus we could load up on the stuff we really liked that others would just throw away...
Anyway, thanks again and  was assuming that Renegade was going to get some stock to sell in his store, and i was hoping he could bring it to the LAN also to have it for sale. PS. With all those little kids running around, i'm surprised they didn't have candy bars to sell for a fund raiser... I think it was Fax who used to sell chips and pop, what happened to that, was there just not enough interest to make it worth the effort, or is that just something that the staff doesnt' have time to do. I'd be willing to run something if the LAN didn't mind. I'm mainly thinking just Candy bars and pop!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »

The whole reason for putting things into the bags is to guarantee that the items that sponsors sent us go into the hands or attendee's.  This is what sponsors want.   If you simply toss it on a table there is no guarantee items get into peoples hands.   Also this prevents someone from walking up an say seeing Gamer Grub and there is not enough for and that person grabs 10 or more of said item.   This way we guarantee the items are spread out as much as possible to the attendee's and people do not horde things from a table.    Stuffing the bags this time around took less then an hour to make up 85 bags with 3 people.  So its not an issue, sponsors like it that way, and I prefer all sponsor items go into attendee hands and not having things left over and not in attendee hands.    Sponsors send in prizes yes but the flyers, pens, ad's etc are the things they want in peoples hand for brand recognition etc.   The prizes are alot of times a benefit/add to making sure thier litature is handed out.

As for candy chips.  We mainly did that because there was no close food etc to the venue down there.    In the end the person running it didnt make the investment back usually and ended up with alot of product left over.   We would get a box of like 24 candy bars an on average sell 1/2 or less.  Chips was usually worse then that.   People bring their own things, or go out.   So pretty much it was dropped so that people could more run the LAN vs worrying about Candy chips etc.  And with the new location there is plenty of places local to run out and stock up etc.    Even my personal selling of Bawls is hit or miss.   LAN OC I sold 4 cases of singles and 8 cases pre-ordered.    NeXus sold less then 1 case singles and 1 case pre-ordered.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »

I appreciate the information and i'm sorry for my continual digging into the depths of the LAN, i just like to know things and want to be able to help in any way i can.

I understand doing things for the sponsors, i just had a hard time understanding all the cool things that were stuffed. And last year we were able to go through or take extra bags on sunday since people didn't show up. This year we couldn't try to find the rest of the goodies :-)

Thanks again for all you do. We'll see you in the Fall!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »

It wasnt that you couldnt it was that I didnt think about it, there were if I recall right 5 unclaimed bags.

As for cool things we did not have enough as you put it cool things to get 1 to all but when you put all those items together we were able to put 1 item of that type into each bag so instead of some people getting there early and getting 1 of everything we felt it was more fair to randomly put 1 item of that type in each bag to spread the wealth so to say.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

By the way...I recently had the opportunity to try the BBQ and the Pizza flavors.  I have to say, they weren't too bad.  I still look forward to trying the Smores one, but I think my favorite so far is the PB&J.

They are a nice alternative to having messy chips and candy bars.  And the name is cool too.   Grin

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx