Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 21 April 14/15 2018! Registration opens February 10th 2018 at 6 pm EST

gfx gfx
gfx
13256 Posts in 2681 Topics by 879 Members - Latest Member: marshmallow January 16, 2018, 09:18:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Enermax DreamBass Genie Review  (Read 9646 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Regent

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:05:44 AM »

Enermax DreamBass Genie Review by Darksinister and Renegade

Darksinister’s comments -

I was very impressed with the sound quality of this little devise. The bass was enhanced and the clarity of the music surprised me. The 90 degree USB to mini USB is nice for a laptop but as for a desktop I would add an USB to mini USB cable for clearing the back of the tower frame.

I tested the DreamBass Genie with 6 different songs, the songs were:

•   ACDC –It’s a Long Way to the Top
•   LMFMO – Party Rock
•   Foo Fighters – Wheels
•   Nelly Furtado – Turn Off the Lights
•   Top Gun Soundtrack – Top Gun Anthem
•   Beach Boys – Little Deuce Coupe

On my laptop and my Desktop all 6 songs sound quality and Bass were Improved very much so!

I liked it so much if the price is right put me in for two!

Renegade’s Comments –

The Enermax DreamBass Genie is a small unit that plugs into any USB port, then you simply plug in your speakers and or microphone and the unit takes over from there.  I was shocked at what this little device that needs no software did for the audio on my Alienware m17x R3 Laptop.   The enhanced bass and clearness of the audio was impressive to say the least.

I tested the unit with the following games and music:

•   World of War Craft
•   Star Wars the Old Republic
•   Battlefield 3
•   Rock music
•   Pop music
•   Country music

In every test the bass and over all sound were improved over the onboard audio of my laptop and my desktop!

The only draw back I found was using the unit on my desktop I had to use a USB cable instead of the 90 degree adaptor that came with the unit due to my mAtx case and space issues with the case and plugging the unit in.  It would be nice to have a short cable included with the unit as well as the angle adaptor.

Over all the unit is a fantastic addition to anyone’s system looking for more bass and fidelity to their audio.

Average price on the net is $29.99

I recommend the DreamBass Genie!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Regent
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »

Anyone know if they or recommend an amp for devices like an iphone.  When cutting grass, etc the iphone or even latest ipod touches just do not output enough volume.  That or my ears are just showing my age.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Boon
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »

Anyone know if they or recommend an amp for devices like an iphone.  When cutting grass, etc the iphone or even latest ipod touches just do not output enough volume.  That or my ears are just showing my age.

3 words my Friend... Noise canceling Headphones... No need to put more db in your ear

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
twodavez
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:04:52 AM »

3 words my Friend... Noise canceling Headphones... No need to put more db in your ear

Daveyo owns a lawncare company, and dropped a pretty penny on the Bose noise canceling headphones. They seem to be worth every penny. He let me try them on and the headphones were at a normal volume, and i couldn't hear a peep out of his commercial lawn-mower. I could feel the vibration, but no noise... Plus you can turn off the noise canceling feature if you did by chance want to be able to hear a crying baby or something in the background...
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx