Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 09:58:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 10 League of Legends Tournament Rules  (Read 16562 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »

Leagud of Legends Tournament rules are as follows - 

- Minimum Summoner lvl of 10

- Teams 5v5 max 8 teams.

- Random teams

- Map Summoners Rift - Summer

- No Bans

- Rune pages and Mastery Skills will be completely allowed.

- Victory: Opponents' Nexus destroyed or surrender.

- Team A will create game.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

I believe you should make the level requirement be 10, anything lower than that, it makes it really not fun for everyone else.

twodavez
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »

I believe you should make the level requirement be 10, anything lower than that, it makes it really not fun for everyone else.

If there are going to be Ban's there is a level requirement or better yet a certian number of champions owned minimum, so just keep that in mind...
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »

Unless there is a predetermined ban list somewhere, I think ban's make things too complicated and advanced (Not Nexus Style).

With a level 10 requirement, at least the person will know basic game mechanics and will not be spending time in a tournament match explaining basic game mechanics to a noob.

It doesn't take much time to get to level 10 (about 20 games), and by then they should know the basics + comfortable playing with at least one champion.
twodavez
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 08:25:36 PM »

With a level 10 requirement, at least the person will know basic game mechanics and will not be spending time in a tournament match explaining basic game mechanics to a noob.

It doesn't take much time to get to level 10 (about 20 games), and by then they should know the basics + comfortable playing with at least one champion.

Agreed. At LAN OC we had a person on our team that after we won the first match didn't really want to play anymore, which pretty much limited the damage output we had for the team...
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 01:06:56 AM »

Ya, the lanOC tourney showed that predetermined teams just doesn't work in this environment.

It just becomes a game of gym class politics of who can stack their team the most.

If you want a real competitive tournament, make the level requirement 30, which is what I think Lan OC was aiming for.
twodavez
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 12:06:58 PM »

If you want a real competitive tournament, make the level requirement 30, which is what I think Lan OC was aiming for.

Even though i'm only level 25, i could see the level 30 requirement making the tourney a true battle royal! Even if a person is more skilled than a level 30, being 5 levels behind with all the runes, and extra abilities that it grants, it really makes for an uneven fight...
I like how NeXuS always does the random teams, so i'd assume that's what they are going to stick with.

I'd have no problem running a unofficial tourney with some brackets to encourage some inter-LAN play. I know we put up a good fight at LAN OC, but due to not fully understanding the bans/picks/trade system in game we lost one best players character because I had last pick and didn't own that character.

I have seen on other forums that  Riot can be contacted to get the Tournement software so that there can be all characters available, everyone is level 30 to allow for max runes and abilities to be used... Might be a cool sponsoership for future lans!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »

Rules posted

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 07:14:40 PM »

Rules posted

i like them! thanks for listening to the community (Cheech)! I think this will make for some fun matches!
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »

With Min level of 10 I do not think there will be many in this tourney but I'm game.
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29:22 AM »

With Min level of 10 I do not think there will be many in this tourney but I'm game.

I would disagree... anyone seeing these rules now, has a full week to try to get to level 10 which doesn't take that long.

I like the rules.. just hope I get on an uber team. hehe
twodavez
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »

I would disagree... anyone seeing these rules now, has a full week to try to get to level 10 which doesn't take that long.

I like the rules.. just hope I get on an uber team. hehe

I also agree with Plague, but i think the key isn't keeping the tournement small, it's keeping it to people who enjoy the game and know something about it. Heck that level 10 person who played all week to get that level might be better in game that I who haven't started them game up since the last LAN...

WE all know how the no level min tourney worked at previous LAN's and dates, now lets see if we can do better this time around.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx