Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 02:58:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LanWar XXIII (IU LAN)  (Read 13312 times)
twodavez
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »

That’s right, it’s time! Gaming @ IU’s LanWar XXII is upon us, and this fall’s event is bigger than ever. For the first time, IU Gaming is leaving the Indiana University campus to host an event twice the size of any previous lan.

That’s right, this Fall, LanWar XXIII will host 500 attendees, at the Monroe County Fairgrounds!

You’ll stil get all the great swag, all the great food, play all the great tournaments, but now with twice the friends! Register now, even with an event this big, the seats are limited!

Event Details:

Saturday, October 13th, Noon – Sunday, October 14th @ Noon.

Monroe County Fairgrounds Commercial Building (6.3 miles west of Briscoe)

5700 West Airport Road Van Buren, IN 47403

$20.00 gets you all the food, all the swag, and all the fun!

REGISTER NOW

For lists of sponsors, game tournaments, and other juicy details, see the Gaming @ IU forums, at www.iugaming.com/forums (forum registration is required for even registration).

UPDATE: NOS is “The Official Energy Drink of LAN War XXIII.” Free Nos and swag for all attendees!
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »

I know that the IU LAN has left a little bit of a bad taste in our mouths due to the format and space they had the event, but with the new change in venue,  I'm in!

The 200 person event used to sell out in a matter of days, but here we are 3 weeks till the event and they still have over 300 (last time i checked) seats avaiable. I'd assume they've alread gotten their huge stockpile of prizes, so heading down there for the free food, drinks, and prizes would be worth the $20 entrance fee. But if they're throwing in LAN Gaming, it just seems like a slam dunk to me...

I know JJSky_5000, HaleyM2012,  Daveyo, Cytog will be going also.

Anyone else? It's just 3 weekends away!

I'll be leaving from New Castle, IN saturday morning if anyone wants to car-pool from there.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »

Frankly the hours suck.   If this was a normal lan noon saturday to 4-6 on sunday I might give it a 2nd chance but a 3+ hour drive for 24 hours and it never makes it all the way to noon the next day not worth it to me.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »

I will be going there.
twodavez
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »

Frankly the hours suck.   If this was a normal lan noon saturday to 4-6 on sunday I might give it a 2nd chance but a 3+ hour drive for 24 hours and it never makes it all the way to noon the next day not worth it to me.

I totally understand. But i figure it being gaming from noon till 3 am (15 hours), then sleeping till 8 am, and them gaming for another 4 hours, then i'm home by 3 pm the next day, giving plenty of time to do something productive sunday night... Plus i can still stay up and game friday night as i do'nt have to get up super early to get to the opening of a LAN.

We'll miss you, and see you next spring then!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 07:44:07 PM »

If they actually keep the network up an running till 12.   Last time they shut it down arond 9am as there were only like 5 people awake gaming.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »

I will go if I can get a ride.  I am not driving that far in my gas-guzzler!

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
twodavez
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 07:50:10 PM »

I will go if I can get a ride.  I am not driving that far in my gas-guzzler!

I'll be leaving from New Castle, IN (about an hour and a half away from Dayton) if you'd like a ride... We could meet off Interstate 70 and i'd take you the other half of the way there. I know it's not super awesome, but it's still some car-pooling...
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »

I am debating about going now or not.  I see they have almost 200 signed up.  Not really going for the tourney's but mostly going to experience it.  Anyone else thinking of going?
twodavez
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

Looks like there is a small group under the name "Team Banana Stand" that i think i'm going to lump myself into which is consisting of a few people from the LAN OC/NExus group...
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »

I am debating about going now or not.  I see they have almost 200 signed up.  Not really going for the tourney's but mostly going to experience it.  Anyone else thinking of going?

I'll go, I just need a ride from huber. 

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
twodavez
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »

Just got an email from the IU Guys...
As always, the Gaming @ IU staff have worked really hard to get this event underway, freely donating our time and energy to make this event happen.
For this event, we're far below expectations for attendance, and really need your help to get us to where we want to be, and to get Sponsors happy with the level of exposure their products will get.
With that in mind, we've designed a few promotions to try and help you guys get our seats filled.

Registration Blitz - Any user that registers in the next 72 hours will be prompted to select a referrer.
Your first referral refunds $5 of your admission, the second gives you back $10! (That's right, you'd get the whole LAN for $5!).
And, we're planning a very special, big prize for the attendee with the most referrals, and one of their referrees!

Groups - Come one, come all. Coming to the Lan War with all your buddies is part of what makes it a great experience.
Any group of five or more attendees posted on this forum thread (www.iugaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5802) will be given a free admission ticket, to bring anther friend!
Any group that reaches that point, have a member contact me through the forums, and I'll send them your free pass!

Ride Board - Several group members (especially undergraduates) have expressed concern about finding a ride back and forth to the off campus event. Anybody that posts here (www.iugaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5467) offering rides has a very solid chance of getting a FREE admission to lan war 24 this spring.
twodavez
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »

Sooo, my name is Twodavez, so go ahead and put me down as your Referral person if you'd like, and i'll split the $5 with you if you'd like to help discount your admission fee.

Also, i'm pretty sure our group is already at 5 people, so if you'd be willing to pitch in that $20 you'd be saving to gas, you might be able to get another few people from your area to come too!

We gotta give some love to the local lan community, especially when they make this big jump to a 500 person event. It's the biggest in Indiana since Stompfest hasn't had one in a while...
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx