Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 03:15:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Website  (Read 23333 times)
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »

Like the updated look of the website Renegade, looks good. Shocked
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »

Thanks goes to Action for the face lift it was all his idea an all his work!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »

Thanks much appreciated. 

Yeah my main goal was to make the main website's programming and design to fit in with the forum's template so that there was not such a drastic change when going from the main site to the forums and vice versa.  It actually worked out better than I thought it would.  I am still tweaking things so you may see some small changes here and there. 

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 05:34:21 PM »

Good stuff!

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »

Very nice Action.
twodavez
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:28 PM »

I like the new logo! I always spell NeXus with a big X though :-)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »

You are the second person to point that out so I increased the font on the X in the header.  Smiley  Not sure if I like it though but might be due to the fact it is HTML text (seo purposes) and not image. 

[TC] Action
twodavez
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »

You are the second person to point that out so I increased the font on the X in the header.  Smiley  Not sure if I like it though but might be due to the fact it is HTML text (seo purposes) and not image. 

I wasn't sure if it really was supposed to be a large X or if i just started doing that because it looked cool. the increased size looks good!
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »

I like the larger " x ". Can you maybe change the font to like a script X. Our like a handwritten X? Or even like a red X

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »

I like the larger " x ". Can you maybe change the font to like a script X. Our like a handwritten X? Or even like a red X

Hmm interesting idea... I like it!  I've change the header font to 'Comic Sans MS' (not just the X).  Let me know what you all think?  You may need to force refresh your browser to re-caches the style sheet.

[TC] Action
twodavez
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

Hmm interesting idea... I like it!  I've change the header font to 'Comic Sans MS' (not just the X).  Let me know what you all think?  You may need to force refresh your browser to re-caches the style sheet.

I liked it better with the old font, but that's just my opinion. I liked it when it looked furturistic, and the soft font of Comin Sans MS doesn't really say futuristic to me.  No worries i fyou like it, i just wanted to put my thoughts out there since it seems like you were looking for suggestions and reacting to the suggestions...
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »

I liked it better with the old font, but that's just my opinion. I liked it when it looked furturistic, and the soft font of Comin Sans MS doesn't really say futuristic to me.  No worries i fyou like it, i just wanted to put my thoughts out there since it seems like you were looking for suggestions and reacting to the suggestions...

Yeah I am thinking about changing it back because it looks kinda silly on Safari browsers.  I want to keep it HTML text but I may end up going all image eventually.

[TC] Action
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 09:18:13 PM »

It looks different, but I agree, it does not give that effect that jumps out at you.
But, in the process, Thanks Action, ...  for all your hard work on this  Smiley

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
virt
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:34 PM »

As a web designer my self, I like it!

Can I ask why you settled on Comic Sans in the left corner of the logo, though? Tongue
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 01:13:49 AM »

As a web designer my self, I like it!

Can I ask why you settled on Comic Sans in the left corner of the logo, though? Tongue
It was suggested, but going to change it back but only because it does not look well at all on Safari.  On FF and IE9 looks nice though.  And I really would rather not make that all image.

[TC] Action
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx