Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 25, 2024, 10:05:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 11 May 18/19th 2013 Registration now OPEN!  (Read 21354 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 03:36:42 PM »

NeXus LAN 11 details

When - 12pm May 18th thru 6pm May 19th.  New venue with alot more room, and even more room to grow in the future.    Location has onsite food / drinks / snacks.    $6.00 Pizza, 1.00 soda, .75 candy, $2.00 beer, $2.00 Bawls great prices for onsite food/drink.  No outside food allowed in while kitchen is open.   You may bring in water/soda in small quantities, no large coolers.  Small cooler bags ok.        Chairs are awesome no folding chairs they are all nice fabric/padded comfortable chairs.    I will post a picture to this thread.    Plenty of parking.    Lots of food onsite and near by, as well as hotels.    Sleeping at event is allowed as well.

Where - Miamisburg Moose Lodge
             2110 E Central Ave
             Miamisburg, OH 45342

Seating for 104 people.   Pre-reserve seating chart will be available soon

Cost -  $15.00 per person thru April 30th includes 1 general raffle ticket, 1 PC raffle ticket. (Best Deal!)
           $20.00 per person May 1 - May 17th includes 1 general raffle ticket, 1 PC raffle ticket.
           $25.00 at the door includes 1 general raffle ticket, 1 PC raffle ticket.

Current Sponsors for NeXus LAN 11 - Intel, CPU Magazine, P3 Computers, LAN OC Reviews, TP-Link, Silverstone, Enermax, Lepa. Vroom Foods, Dust Off, Eagle Tech, GX Gaming, Seasonic, In-Win, ADATA.

We once again are able to raffle a complete PC thanks to P3 Computers.    PC is an Intel I5, 8g Ram, 1tb HD, DVD/RW, Wireless, windows 8 complete system.

Please thank your sponsors on the thier facebook page, our forums, and our facebook page.  

Tournaments -

FPS (Saturday) to be voted on in forums soon
RTS (Saturday) to be voted on in forums soon
Saturday late night - The War Z (after midnight raffle)
Old School (Sunday) to be announced at LAN
FPS (Sunday) to be voted on in the forums soon

Exact times and rules will be posted closer to the event date.

Regards,
The NeXus LAN Team.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »

Can we got a lot more detail on the onsite food. because right now I am really concerned about that part.

I can bring 2 liter of "soda" for $.88 if I am only getting a 12oz can for $1.00 that isn't going to fly. So details are key please.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:54:30 PM »

They are 12-16oz size.   We searched high an low for a location that would work, we could afford etc and it took almost a year to find 1 that fit the needs but they do not allow outsite food/drinks.     I understand that might not work for all but the prices are not bad at all really and your helping a very good famliy organization that is helping the LAN out on the price, allowing us to run perm added power and network cable in the ceiling etc.    They also will have pitchers of soda you can purchase.   I will get those prices this weekend when I am there.

I personally do not have much of an issue with the prices as if we have gone say with Hara Arena which is also no food brought in a Medium soda is $3.00 each etc.  We didnt go with that option due to food prices and location prices as well.   

We looked at 15+ locations let alone all the ones I called that would not do over night and of those 15 this one is by far the best period.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »

I actually do not mind not being allowed to bring food/drink.  That means less things for me to have to packup and carry in as well as taking back home any left overs.  Packing up 3 computers is enough for me Smiley  Well that and any raffle winnings Smiley

I am glad the prices are not like what other commercial venus want to charge.  Plus I almost always go out to eat for dinner anyway at LANs.  I like to take a break and get out for a bit.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »

I have to agree with Renegade and Action.  The Moose Lodge is actually doing us a solid by having drinks and food available on site.  The price of a soda is not that bad.  Hell, it costs you $4.50 for a soda at a movie theater.  It costs at least that for a concert or sporting event.  So $1 is not bad.

Action nailed it right on the head.  It is something less for us to pack and have to carry.  You are paying $50-$60 for a game but you can't pay $1 for a drink?  We have to abide by what the Moose lodge wants in order to get a nice place to rent for a budget price.  If that means paying $1 for a can of soda that will help benefit the lodge, I am perfectly ok with it.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »

Their prices are very reasonable, and in the end as Renegade puts it, its all going to a family organization.. BesidesBesides why we talkng about soda, tell me more on this full service bar Wink lol

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
twodavez
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »

What about the energy drinks we've grown used to being able to bring in? Will they be offering Bawls, NOS, Monster, Red Bull, or anything like that for sale. I'm not a big user of the drinks, but it wouldn't be a LAN party unless i got an energy drink or two in my system... The option of going out to my car and pounding a drink is always on the table i guess.
Thanks again for putting this on as i know from first hand experience it's not easy finding a location that understands the needs of a LAN party with power and overnight capabilities.
the more information you can put out the better since i'm coming from a few hours away, it's nice to have everything planned out ahead of time so i dont have to purchase anything last minute there on site.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:47:56 PM »

Yes as listed they will have Bawls for $2.00 each.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »

Yes as listed they will have Bawls for $2.00 each.

Sorry i missed it. Thanks
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 01:54:33 AM »

Update date on carry in food/drink.

Drinks you can carry in water or soda in small amounts.   EG no large coolers etc,   Small cooler bags with a few drinks, a 2 liter all fine.

Food can not be carried in when the kitchen is open.   After the kitchen closes if people still hungry etc they can order things in etc.

Note details are subject to change.  If any changes you we will post asap.

I will be posting a list of food and prices soon.    I know right now Large cheese or Pepironi pizza will be $5.00, soda $1.00, candy/chips $.75.  They are also planning to have hot dogs/chips and chilli dogs/chips.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »

Please note that this clarification is in order for all attending NexusLAN 11.

We are all sorta guests at the Lodge, with exception to actual L.O.O.M. or W.O.T.M. members.
The only Lodge general rule that appears to be the problem is being misunderstood.
The Lodge only reserves the rights of "NO FOOD" carried in during operating hours of the kitchen. This applies to ALL members and guests.
This rule applies to help defray costs of operation of the Lodge by selling food through volunteers. So, in a nutshell, it's just respect of our Lodge and membership.
The Lodge is offering special pricing to our LAN on pizzas and other "member only" privileges.

The kitchen's general operating hours on Saturday are 5:30p to 9:00p. During this time, the Lodge expects respect of that rule of no carry-in food.
After the hour of 9:00p, it is open season to order and bring in outside food. This is not a problem with the lodge.
There is Lodge intent to continue to provide such extras during the evening in the way of hotdogs and/or chili-dogs with chips.
But, this will not engage the carry-in rule, because the kitchen is closed.
We are in the works of getting a breakfast deal also. So if this occurs, those Sunday morning hours are also no Carry-in ruled.

There is ABSOLUTELY no carry-in alcoholic beverages allowed at any time.
The Lodge will lose their license if this occurs and is detected by officials.
Again, ABSOLUTELY no carry-in alcoholic beverages are permitted at any time.

If you would like to obtain a mixed-drink or beer, it can be provided by the Lodge, at membership prices, through any L.O.O.M. or W.O.T.M. member.

I hope this clears up any questions that have arisen to the No carry-in food rule.
Refreshment drinks can be brought in but we reserve the right to refuse large coolers.
It's a Fire-Code violation to block intended escape aisles for emergency purposes. Large coolers may pose this problem.

Renegade, DarkEgo and myself are on top of providing the best we can get, to start this new site event without any hitches.
The soda and candy prices are from on site vending machines and not controlled by our Staff.

Thank-you for your time and understanding.
I hope all enjoy this event and many more to come.

Zebbe

L.O.O.M. = Loyal Order Of Moose (Membership is available, with application fees waived until April 30th) Just ask! It's a great Family Fraternity.
W.O.T.M. = Women Of The Moose

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
twodavez
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 09:59:03 PM »

Just as long as the members are known as it helps to have a beer or two in me before sleeping on the floor ;-)

Also, as a planner, the more information you can provide the better. I always bring cookies and chips or something to munch on as meal times seem to slip by when gaming and ordering food usually takes 30 min. Keep the information flowing and i'm sure we'll all figure this out together. We appreciate you going back to them and figuring out all the details. Again the more we can be prepared, the less issues we should have.
twodavez
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »

You might also want to update your "what to bring" on the registration page as it states that food can be brought into the event. I'm sure that's just that way from other venues, but in case you have some new people coming that don't read the forums and aren't up on the changes, they hopefully will see it there...
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx