Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 05:55:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wanna go to Quakecon 2013?  (Read 8638 times)
twodavez
« on: March 19, 2013, 12:59:25 AM »

So you wanna go to QuakeCon 2013 this August 1-4th in Dallas, TX? Why not travel with some local gaming friends!
Details:
FortLAN will be renting a 12 person van to pack 8 lucky people and their equipment to travel to Quakecon 2013. Do you want to be a part of the journey?
We will leave Fort Wayne, IN on Wednesday July 31st at 7pm. Drive through the night arriving at Quakecon in Dallas, TX approx 1pm Thursday Aug 1st.
We'll enjoy three and a half full days of Quakecon. Staying on site at the Hilton Anatole Hotel Thurs, Friday, & Saturday night.
We will Leave Dallas, TX on Sunday August 4th at 10am. Drive all day and arrive in Fort Wayne approx 4am Monday the 5th.
Cost is $200 a person for the ride down and back.

Hotel details:
Rooms are 2 double or Queen beds, and plenty of floor space to set up two air mattresses or to sleep on the floor. It's typically 4 People to a room.
Quakecon Rate is $159.00 per night.$159.00 x 3 plus tax = $600.00 / 4 = 150.00 per person (estimate)

So for $350.00 you can come to Quakecon and have a place to stay with FortLAN. Price does not include a spot at the LAN (BYOC) which starts at $60.00 or food. There is plenty of other things to do at Quakecon besides the LAN including tons of tournaments, a large vendor area, key note speakers, presentations, and much to see.

Food: The hotel does have several restaurants, There were food trucks available last year, there are a few  places to eat with-in walking distance of the hotel, and there is a great transit system to get into town if you so desired.

Reservations: If you're interested in coming, have some general questions, or need more details, feel free to post them here, and when you're ready to commit PM me and we'll get you added to the list. We only request small deposit of $100 to be due by June 1st to lock in your seat. If you'd prefer to arrange your own hotel room, you're welcome to do that, we'd just need to make sure to get that all planned ASAP as rooms are filling up quickly around the event hotel.

If you have any questions about Quakecon, I'd like to refer you to the "Unofficial Quakecon Forums" at http://www.qconforums.org/
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »

Wow, this is fantastic.
Let me see about getting off those days off and talking my wife into letting me go (hardest part), and ill be game.
I have another buddy that could be interested as well.

Ill keep you posted as soon as I hear more.

Thanks!
gigzilla
Frag Bait

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »

Wow, this is fantastic.
Let me see about getting off those days off and talking my wife into letting me go (hardest part), and ill be game.

Thanks!

Nope
twodavez
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »

Wow, this is fantastic.

Thanks!

Nope

Nope as in you got shot down by the Mrs. and you can't come?
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »

haha, he was my "other buddy."
I am still interested in coming.
twodavez
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 01:12:27 PM »

haha, he was my "other buddy."
I am still interested in coming.

got'cha, it's not often that two people have the same avatar, so i was just looking at that and not the name. Sorry for the confusion. If you have any questions, or need some more details, i'd be happy to talk through anything with you. We think we're half full which is pretty exciting.

Quakecon is something every LAN gamer should at least experience once, It's the Vegas for PC gamers!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx