Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 04:47:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: Vote for the 2 fps titles you want to play at NeXus LAN 11 (vote for 2)  (Voting closed: April 09, 2013, 02:53:01 AM)
CS: GO - 29 (34.5%)
Black Ops II - 12 (14.3%)
UT 2k4 - 19 (22.6%)
CoD 4 - 24 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 11 FPS tournament voting round 2 (vote for 2)  (Read 12683 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:53:01 AM »

Round 2 fps voting   vote for 2.  Poll runs 2 weeks.

Vote for the 2 FPS you want to play tournaments for at Nexus LAN 11.   YES 2, there are 2 tournaments not one.

Results will show at end of poll, at which time we will put up votes on game modes for the winning 2.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »

Major advantage with CS:Go, COD4, and UT is that we won't need a strong internet connection.

I'm not sure if you can create local LAN games in Black Ops 2.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:18:44 PM »

Major advantage with CS:Go, COD4, and UT is that we won't need a strong internet connection.

I'm not sure if you can create local LAN games in Black Ops 2.
Yes you can. Custom games in Black OPs II will be on the LAN if everyone in the game (party) is on the same LAN. All custom games in Black OPs II is P2P.  All public games are dedicated servers (their servers).  So although not as simple and quick to setup/start as COD4 for example, you can still do Black OPS II on a LAN.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:21:40 PM »

You still need inet to get the black ops 2 game to launch but its p2p once launched.  I am not sure if the data has to go out an back in or if it will just stay inside once launched though but yes with custom game Black Ops 2 should work just fine as long as steam is authenticating etc.     Setup for black ops 2 is harder as each match someone will need to be the admin, set it up, make map changes etc then make sure all select right side an the launch the game etc wherre as COD 4 its all server side and admin run.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
shocka
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:35:42 AM »

Was there any reason why shootmania wasn't put into the vote?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 01:33:02 PM »

Well this was round 2 of voting, and no one ever mentioned that game nor have I seen anyone play it etc.   I will be happy to add it to the main vote for the oct/nov Nexus 12.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 06:42:06 PM »

I looked into Shootmania which I had never seen etc and I assume your refering to shootmania: Storm which is due to release in April.   So when we started voting we only went with known games that were in full release.   I will put it on the round 1 voting for NeXus 12 though and if enough vote for it then we might see it then as a tournament.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx