Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 12:32:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Consoles  (Read 11975 times)
spyware89
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »

There are some new consoles coming out as potential game changers (punny) Interested in if any pc gamers are excited for them, angry for some, or just flat out don't care.

There is the Steam Box that is apparently in the works. I really don't know much about it other than it is basically a linux powered pc, which I assume means that Steam will be pushing more developers to make games compatible with Windows and Linux.

Then there is the OUYA, an android powered mini console that was funded on kickstarter. Hardware wise it isn't really impressive, similar specs to my cellphone, but it is cheap and all the Indie developers are talking about how good it could be for them. I actually downloaded the developer kit for it too and started playing around with it, but it hasn't convinced me yet.

I am sure there are consoles I don't know about that are going to be the same type of things. If you know of any, please share. Any one considering getting any of them, or keeping an eye on them when they get released?
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »

Just bought my very first console (the used Wii Renegade was selling) and i have no intention of buying anything else, although the Wii U is pretty fun.
I've been involved in a similar conversation on another forum, and the only good that can come from new consoles on the market, it better Console ports to PC. The graphics should be better and they should start releasing the games that they've been waiting for the next generation to play them on.
Not a console fan, never will be. the only thing they're good for IMO is party games and split screen fun. If you're going to game alone in your house, get a PC and do it right!  Cheesy
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »

I am looking forward to the new Xbox and PlayStation.  But I only really use consoles these days to play single player games which I play relaxing on a couch displayed on a large screen and for watching Bluray movies, etc.  PC is still my choice for Multiplayer gaming.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »

Not really looking forward to them. I pretty much do all the gaming on my PC.. Only games I play are sports games on consoles.  MLB The Show, MLB 2k#, NBA Live... etc.. etc..
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx