Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 08:38:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Old School Tournament  (Read 10394 times)
Jabbernaut
Frag Bait

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »

What's the deal with the old school tournament? Has the game been decided? Are you waiting till D-day to drop the deets just for the element of surprise? I'm hoping this isn't a bait-and-switch, where at the last minute it's announced that it's some game no one would've registered to play otherwise.

As much as I like classic PC games, it seems a bit odd to ask people to register to compete in a game they might not have even played before. Just my two cents.
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »

In events past the game is announced right before. It's typically been a console game and is meant to be fun.
Half the fun of the event is that no-one's played the game, or if they have, it's been YEARS to keep everyone on the same playing field of noob.

Once the game is announced, you can no longer sign up for it, so while it is a crap shoot, its pretty fun. LAN OC did NBA JAM, the original Mario mod with the turtles and the POW button in the middle. I've seen TMNT, mario kart (SNES)...
Jabbernaut
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »

Fair enough, that does sound pretty interesting.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx