Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 04:27:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 11 Prep list  (Read 14472 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »

With NeXus LAN 11 less then a week away here is a prep list on this to remember for the LAN!

Computer
Power Cord
Keyboard
Mouse
Mouse Pad
Monitor (nothing over 32")
Power Cord
Headset (please no speakers)
25' Network cable.    Everyone should be 25' or less from 1 of the 2 switches in each row.
Surge/outlet strip for your PC only.  (NO UPS units)
Re-Install disks for windows and your games just in case.

Chair - You are allowed to bring your own chair if you wish, although the chairs at our new location are like kitchen table chairs.  Nice padded, fabric covered comfortable chairs.  No more folding chairs so there is a lot less need to bring a chair.    Photo attached to this post.

Items for sale - Got things for sale?  Post them in the for sale forum this week and bring them with you an put on the for sale table!

Cash - The Moose Lodge does not take credit cards so please bring cash for food/drinks.   There is an ATM onsite for those that forget.

Sleeping - If crashing at location pillow, blankets, sleeping bag.

And above all bring a great attitude an be ready to GAME!!!!

See you at the LAN!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Jabbernaut
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:57:54 AM »

Will wifi be a connection option for people who do not already have a cable of adequate length?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 05:51:17 AM »

No you need to connect via cable.   Based on where your sitting the closest switch is under 10 foot from you.   Also I will have 25' Cat 6 cables for sale from P3 Computers for $10.00 each if people need them or forget.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »

For the people bringing a server:

MAKE SURE THEY ARE UPDATED WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GAME!!!
I literally just spent 2 hours updating all my servers for CS:GO and TF2.   Wink

twodavez
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »

Chairs look nice. Also thanks for bringing cables for people to buy. It's always a fun pre-LAN game to find someone to switch a cable with that will reach if you're sitting close but have a long cable.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »

I always bring two cables.  One is shorter and one is longer.  So I am ready for either event.  It's a good idea.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »

Additional to the planned things to bring, ... The Moose lodge deals with cash only. No debit our credit cards

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »

Yeah, Creeper is going to need a cable when we get there. he uses Wi-Fi at home and never bought one.
twodavez
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »

Will there be any Wi-Fi availability for smart phones? My phone loves a strong Wifi to use.  Grin
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »

Wifi is not something we are planning to put in for attendee's as it would get swamped really fast with just 1 wireless router, and we are most concerned with gig speeds to the clients PC's

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx