Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 10:49:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thank you staff & Sponsors  (Read 23936 times)
twodavez
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »

I just wanted to thank everyone who made this LAN possible. I'd have to say it was the best event i've ever been to. The building was AMAZING, very little internet/power/or space issues. Cool chairs, Round tables that took getting used to, but in the end proved awesome, and last but not least all the amazing PRIZES.

I also wanted to thank everyone for keeping my gaming going the whole time. Between some amazing ARAM games in LoL to constant reminders of game servers going up, the only reason you didn't have a good time, is because you were trying not to have a good time.

Thanks again and we'll see you in Nov!
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »

I agree, I had a great time. Thank you Nexus and all the sponsors for making this event fun as always.
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 03:05:27 PM »

Yeah, I agree. I have been to a lot of LANs and the Moose Lodge was by far the best "local" venues I have been too.
It would defiantly rank right up with the SOGA building that I use to go to.

Tekgnome
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »

It was my first big lan event and it was so much fun, I will be going to the next NeXus event, you may even see me at *Lan OC* June PWN* and *Fort Lan*.

Looking back 4 years ago and remembering the *epic* lans I had with 4 friends in my mother basement, they don't seem so epic anymore ^_^.

Thank you to all that made this lan possible.

P.s. if you live near troy and are heading to any of these events I could use a ride, I can chip in for gas.
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »

I agree with all that has already been said. GREAT EVENT! by far one of you guys best yet. Good location, no powers issue that I heard of at all (which is amazing), internet was good (even with 51kb download speed limit that I was seeing... sorry I had to download drivers). Food was good and priced fair. Tournaments were ok, need some work. Prizes were AWESOME as always, got a fan even if it wasn't what I wanted, so cool to win something.

I will say this, I do complain when something is wrong in my opinion... that is just who I am. Also, I am very competitive even though I suck as most every game, and when I lose I don't take it well, special if I lose almost every game I play tournament or otherwise in a 24 hour period (which happened Saturday).  I think that is why I run tournaments instead of playing in them. LOL

Overall great event keep them coming. Can't wait for November.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 08:45:07 PM »

Your download speed was due to caps put onto each client to keep the gaming speed good all weekend.    Props to Sideout on a great router config and being on top of the net all weekend.   Some of the best network I have seen at a lan.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »

Your download speed was due to caps put onto each client to keep the gaming speed good all weekend.    Props to Sideout on a great router config and being on top of the net all weekend.   Some of the best network I have seen at a lan.

Ya I assume that and it was livable, glad my drivers were only 50mb, anything bigger would have taken awhile. HEHE yes great work on the router and network Sideout.
twodavez
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »

Agreed, and after i mentioned the timing out of Neverwinter due to the constant "patching" of the game, we didn't run into any issues. So if you did something thanks, and if you didn't, it seemed to have taken care of it'self. Now can you do something about the several  hour turnback they did due to an economy hack?  ;-)
Apparently someone hacked something and threw the economy in-game into a tailspin. I still need to read up, all  know is i lost my Blue i found and 4 levels...
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »

I did say something an Sideout added something to help with Neverwinter

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 12:18:38 AM »

Thanks for the comments guys.  I was a bit stressed about how the config was going to hold out and I made sure I brought out the full tool set to diag and fix any issues.   I fixed several issues with Neverwinter , Quake Live , and some other games.

Yea the caps on downloading were a bit restrictive and I did back them off later in the event. You probably were downloading when you first got there on Saturday. After about 5pm , I eased up and bit on them. 

And of course I had to be the Spotify Nazi and put the smackdown on that app!!!
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 07:07:59 AM »

Agreed, and after i mentioned the timing out of Neverwinter due to the constant "patching" of the game, we didn't run into any issues. So if you did something thanks, and if you didn't, it seemed to have taken care of it'self. Now can you do something about the several  hour turnback they did due to an economy hack?  ;-)
Apparently someone hacked something and threw the economy in-game into a tailspin. I still need to read up, all  know is i lost my Blue i found and 4 levels...

Heard about that.  Sucked that people got rolled back.  I only played my 60 level tank so did not get hit too bad as in experience, etc.  But it is open beta so we can expect these things.  It is cool that they banned the people who really exploited it.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »

Tournaments were ok, need some work. Prizes were AWESOME as always, got a fan even if it wasn't what I wanted, so cool to win something.

I will say this, I do complain when something is wrong in my opinion... that is just who I am. Also, I am very competitive even though I suck as most every game, and when I lose I don't take it well, special if I lose almost every game I play tournament or otherwise in a 24 hour period (which happened Saturday).  I think that is why I run tournaments instead of playing in them. LOL

Overall great event keep them coming. Can't wait for November.

I am glad that they stopped the CS Go tournament and broke it into separate groups -- that was a good decision. The lag was just ridiculous, much better and manageable in the smaller groups.  I had never played the game before the tourney.  Thankful for the free weekend trial...  now I am going to purchase it. Smiley  It was a bit odd playing a single winner type tournament on teams though.

I didn't really care for the games played in the tourneys,  but not everyone is going to like every tourney.  They were voted for and majority wins.  So, if you want something different, make sure you (you as in everyone) vote next time!   Regardless, I had fun and it was a good LAN... thanks everyone.  
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »

Agreed, great Show and execution!!! The connections and power were solid! Loved the bar, made the weekend that much more enjoyable with a bucket o beers beside me. I know we can only slot so many tourneys into a weekend, but I'd love to see some variety, Every time I go to these things the same games are being played lol. You guys only get game time for LOL and CS during these parties or what? At some point it has to get old haha.

I think some Chivalry Tourneys would be amazing. 5v5 last team standing arena battle, single eliminations or even duels battle arena. Be a super quick fun tourney.

Would like to see LOL seperate from say SC2... again I know the weekend time frame, but I can wish Wink

Can't wait for Nexus 12, already signed up and paid. Bring on that Seat chart, I want the same seat ;P

Think having the projector spectating some of the final brackets for tourneys would be awesome. Also instead of running the tourney all at one time in bulk it may be more efficient to break up the play times, to give breaks between matches, do all your eliminations throughout the day on Saturday, and your finals on Sunday

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 12:50:39 AM »

Tournaments are run based on popular vote so make sure you make game suggestions and also vote!!!

I will be starting a thread soon on what people what to see for tournaments at NL 12 so make sure you post.  I will then put all those into votes for what we will actually run like we did for NL 11

Putting finals on a different day would be interesting but i think cause more complaints as we get alot that come for 1 specific tournament an can't stay all weekend etc, but will put that on the suggestion list.   

Usually we try an go with 1-2 FPS, 1 RTS/Mobo, 1 old school game.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 10:00:20 PM »

Sideout: Fantastic job circumventing the numbers and letters to and for the network to stay afloat and alive. Hands down a super-great job!

Nexus Staff and helpers including Bukky and Boon : thanks for all the extra hands and support I needed to get the "power to the tables"

Lastly, to our SPONSORS;
                                        Without the generosity of your companies, we would not have the ability to offer such a great and smooth event.
                                        I hope the event participants likewise, choose to be patrons to all your company has to offer, now and in the future.
                                        Hopes and wishes to a prospective long-life in your business. And aspirations to a well balanced unity to our/others LAN events.

Your generosity makes our event possible, .... THANK-YOU!

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx