Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 09:11:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tournament Feedback  (Read 16208 times)
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2013, 01:11:06 PM »

If you have any feedback / suggestions about the tournaments, please post it here and we will consider the suggestions for next time.

Thanks.
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »

I only ended up participating in the LoL Tournament. It as hard to hear team announcements as PA system wasn't working. our LoL team seemed very unbalanced as we had a Level 5 with no wins playing against a full level 30 team.

I wish we could recognize the winners at the next raffle following the tourney. I never can keep track of who played what, and it might fun to recognize them in front of the group and see what they won. If you're wanting more people involved, then show they the perks of winning (going back to some prize discussions prior to the event).

I liked that the brackets were posted and teams were given names instead of "team 1". It gave it a fun feel.
I wish the games were streamed on the projector as i feel it was kinda in the corner and no-one really looked at it or used it.

I'm still confused as to why we signed up online and also had to sign a sheet that was randomly located in the room at any given time. If you're going to collect the name, clan, and player skill level online, then why sign another sheet duplicating the information? What worked in the past was those people would be role called to ensure they were at the LAN prior to putting teams together and then the line was put in the sand.

I just remember the two guys who signed up online for the LoL tourney but their names weren't called. they ended up getting stuck on two already full teams requiring someone to have to sit out each round. I understand that someone came around with the paper several times to ensure everyone was signed up, but if i didn't know any better, i would've just assumed it was a printed list from the online sign-up and they were just looking for new people.

With all that being said, i think most things were on time, feed back was given to the teams as needed to keep things running smoothly and Cheatch did a good job with the supplies he had available to him.
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:59:35 PM »

Way to call me out.  Grin
but, in all honesty I don't think me being level 5 had anything to do with us losing. Yeah, I was a bit "inexperienced" compared to others but, that is to be expected when playing in a tourney at a LAN. Especially when it's random teams.

The COD tourney was great, I had a lot of fun during that one. I really liked how it was the best of 3, and each game was a different type of gameplay.  Maybe next time have more then two servers going. 

Couldn't stick around for the CS Tourney. Embarrassed

Future: I know it would carry on the tournaments but I wouldn't really mind seeing a losers bracket. Give some people a second chance into winning.  Wink

cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

Cool, I do like the idea of a losers bracket and may do that next time.

The online sign-up is mainly for scheduling so we know about how many to expect and how much time we need for the tournament.

The sign-up sheet is for telling who's actually there. At the time of the LoL tournament (2pm), there was only 21 ppl signed in on the sheet and 36 signed up online. This is to prevent teams having missing members. Also we had a hard 40 person requirement to fill (which we had to lower the LoL requirements in order to get more ppl).

Next time, going to make it more clear that people need to sign up for the tournaments on the sheet.

I also like that idea of an awards ceremony at the raffle, it was difficult trying to track down teams after the tournament.
twodavez
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »

The online sign-up is mainly for scheduling so we know about how many to expect and how much time we need for the tournament.

Could you collect the needed information online (Champs obtained and level) along with the skill level, because i'm level 30, but am not even in the same city as far as skill level of a Papa Teeps even though he's also level 30. So on paper we look the same, but as referenced, you know i'm not even in his league, Sorry for the pun...  Grin
Tekgnome
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 04:38:39 PM »

The lol tournament was fun but it was a little chaotic, an awards ceremony would be cool I don't believe I even got to see the winning lol team. *Good job to the winning team if your reading this*

Maybe next lan we could do a small lol tournament ARAM style for the people that can do it?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »

The tournament winners were brought up for prizes an pictures etc.  But due to the PA not working (which will be fixed by the moose for next time) my voice going out etc I didnt scream them out.    I prefer to give them all out at the end of the event in front of everyone but we always have people that have to leave then we cant get the picture with the team etc and it causes issues so I usually go with giving things out right away so people get their items and pictures are taken.

All the pics will be on FB sometime this week.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 05:22:15 PM »

What were the prizes? actual items, or raffle tickets? I saw one group get mouse pads, but i can't say i saw anyone else's prizes. did they get mouse pads & raffle tickets? i'm confused, and still low on sleep!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »

There were dif items for each tourney.    The competition Thermaltake mouse pads for COD 4, Console was a photo frame, CS:Go was Gameskulls, LoL was Riot Points, and we canceled the War Z due to lack of players.

The hidden badge challenge was a Dust off quiver.

We decided to drop the ticket idea and put some things to the tournaments as that way peoples names only came out of the raffle bin once and also if we have done tickets it would of been 13 tickets added to the raffle barrel with possibility of 13 people doubling up on things.   

I like giving items for raffle MUCH better then the raffle ticket we had been doing.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
evildoer
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:07 PM »

I believe Minecraft Jrs was a Gameskulls, and Minecraft was a steel series mouse (I didn't see MC mentioned)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »

yea your right I missed that one hehe I am still tired.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »

Yeah I've posted this in another thread too but I absolutely love the idea of separate small - medium prizes for tournaments winners. This way everyone has 100% equal chance to win items in the raffle not less chances because they come to the LAN to have fun even though not excellent at every game.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx