Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 01:04:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 3 $5 ?!?!?  (Read 25013 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »

The $5.00 game is not until sometime on the 13th, and as I see now on the website it says its gamers choice people been voting.  Its either BF3, Sims 3 or Mass 3 for $5.00 no guarantee on which it will be until later today.

As for the DLC all they said at the EA E3 conference was that for a limited time the Close Quarters expansion was free.     I am not premium and if I was then I would of gotten it free a long time ago.    I was able as alot of others to use the code on the day they announced it and got that DLC free.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »

Chris,

This link you will see all knida sites talking about the free DLC.   It's possible they changed it that you only get the DLC if you have the game.

The code to use is BF3E3 i do not know if it needs to be caps or not.

The free DLC is supposed to run to the end of E3 which runs June 11-13th.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bf3e3+code&oq=bf3e3+code&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.3536j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, Dave. You may be right that the DLC discount may only apply if you already have the game, that makes sense. I will check their website later today to see if BF3 was voted as the $5 game.

Sorry for my griping, I was just a little frustrated after trying several times different ways and coming up short.
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »

Just logged into my Origin client and got the same result for both the BF3 Close Quarters DLC (invalid promo code) and the price of BF3 being $19.99.  I read on someone's blog they heard from the E3 conference that the special would be available until June 18 or 19th, as well, so I don't think it would have expired, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

I just created a new account and am downloading it right now. With tax it was $5.34. Don't think the dlc is free, its 7.99 when I try to add it.
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »

Just logged into my Origin client and got the same result for both the BF3 Close Quarters DLC (invalid promo code) and the price of BF3 being $19.99.  I read on someone's blog they heard from the E3 conference that the special would be available until June 18 or 19th, as well, so I don't think it would have expired, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

I just created a new account and am downloading it right now. With tax it was $5.34. Don't think the dlc is free, its 7.99 when I try to add it.

Nevermind, it just offered it to me for free once I started downloading BF3.
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »

Thanks for the help everyone. I checked the website later on in the day yesterday and was able to buy it for the $5 price.  I will download the DLC this weekend.

Are there any plans to have a BF3 tournament at the next LAN by chance?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 09:27:39 PM »

We really do not know as we will put up titles for vote and what ever wins will be played.     Bad thing about BF3 is it has no lan mode and you have to rent your own server if you want to run a tournament and keep other non tournament players out of the server.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx