Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 01:47:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Hearthstone rule feedback  (Read 23363 times)
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »

He is meaning in between games in a best of 3 you have cards your allowed to change out that are written down.

I think that is adding too much complexity to a midnight game.   

Just let people use the cards they have, they can change decks in between games if they want as originally posted.

You stated mlg says you cant change heros between games in a match but you can change heros between matches.. are we going with this rule set?

I like the idea of being restricted to just one hero per match(best of 3) but you can swith between matches. And I like havong the option to change preassembled decks... I think switching cards in an out will just delay the general gameplay/tourney.

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 07:04:40 PM »

Yes I MLG does it that way, but Evil had previously stated that it would be use the cards you have, you can change deck/hero during a match but you can not change cards in a deck during a match.

So I was just saying go with what was originally said.

Evil has all rights on rules I do not, I only make suggestions since he is the tournament admin.

I like the mystery / challenge to scheme against your opponent not knowing what he will pick from round to round.  

EG will be stay with his Murloc deck that just lost or switch to a better desk / hero suited to what you played 1st round only to find out you changed as well and picked good against what he picked to change too etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Z3PP
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 08:58:58 PM »

Coming in to this a bit late but I wanted to give my thoughts on the tournament. For background, I've played in several of the MLG Managrind open tournaments and I run the University of Cincinnati hearthstone club.

It seems there is some confusion around the game being pay to win. As in, just because players have legendaries and epics they will win even if they are a bad player. It's been proven time and time again that HS is about as pay to win as league of legends. Anyone with more cards only has the advantage of choosing from a larger pool to create a deck. Top players have made decks with nothing but free cards and made it to legend rank (top 500ish in NA) in just a couple days of playing.  The only way I think someone could be hindered would be if they haven't unlocked even the free cards for a hero (which means they've probably played less than a few hours of the game ever). If you look at the top 2 decks in HS right now, Zoolock and mid-range hunter, you'll notice they are some of the easiest decks to make for newer players.

As far as how gameplay goes, I agree there shouldn't be over the shoulder coaching. It would be awesome to stream but I don't know how this would be possible unless the players didn't have access to the stream. Many time a player will hold on to a specific card till the end to make a play with it, so a 3-5 minute delay wouldn't work. Without booths to put players in, I think the best bet would be to just allow people to spectate over the shoulder of the players. You could also air the matches one game behind or have a viewing area where the 2 players competing couldn't see the stream.

My favorite way of hero selection is when you register with three heros, for your first match you pick one of the three and a deck you have for that hero. If you win you must use that deck again. If you lose you can choose one of your other two heros and a deck with that hero. This is a little different than Managrind, which makes you keep the same hero for all of your rounds (you can only change heros between matches). I've found the first way to be more fun.

Regards to other players seeing the decks being played, I think it's fine, it's the same thing as any other game at a LAN where if someone comes in with a neat trick, everyone else will know about it after the first game.

For your #2 (playing on other players accounts), this shouldn't be allowed. It would be like allowing a league player to use another players account who has a completely different champions and rune sets.

If you're interested in reading the rules from the MLG Managrind tournaments you can find them here http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/hearthstone-heroes-of-warcraft/tournament/na-managrind-open-27/rules
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx