Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 05:49:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Artemis  (Read 20951 times)
twodavez
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »

Does anyone play Artemis, and would be interested in playing at the LAN?

I know of two other's who like to play (FriskyDragon & Big_Spence), so we'd just need a few more to get a full team together.

Post up if you'd be interested in trying it out, i think we'll have a few extra STEAM accounts with it purchased for people to try. That's what i did my first time playing, then i promptly purchased it for myself.

Here's a funny video showing the some people playing the game.
Warning there is some crude language that may not be suitable for young people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Q2X32hZNk
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:59 PM »

Zeta, and Burntcornmuffin both play it an own it.

I know that others that have played it are cheatch, Renegade, Cyphis, Uroboch, Evildoer, Maybe Action.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
evildoer
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

I set the standards for communications excellence

Even have an award.

twodavez
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 08:56:24 PM »

If we got enough people, could we possibly steal a projector at the event to use at our main screen? We could schedule it super late or when a tournament wasn't going on. We tried to get it going at LanOC, but no-one had a tablet or Laptop with HDMI out for the TV on the wall.

Sounds like we're going to be able to get a few games in! I hope to learn a few things from the "professional" Artemis group that's coming to FortLAN this weekend.
evildoer
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:07:50 PM »

I think Plague played with us too

When I play comm.................. we get attacked, a lot.
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »

ya, I don't own it, but I have a copy of it. and I do like to play.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 02:17:16 AM »

Actually, I haven't played it.  But I want to.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
twodavez
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 12:34:09 PM »

I think Plague played with us too

When I play comm.................. we get attacked, a lot.

I don't think it's possible not to get attacked a lot. I've found the key to comm is to get them to surrender prior to having to waste all the homing missiles, but i've really only played 4-5 games and i was drinking a little after frickers tube of beer, so i'm not sure if i was doing good or not.
I do know, i'm not patient enough to be on Weapons. NUKES Away, no matter how close we are. We lost alot of good people that day.  Cry
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 03:36:52 PM »

I dont have a copy but would be down to play

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »

I liked playing Engineer....I would totally give helmsman Cheach 200% warp power and he would kill us all warping though solid objects like planets and space stations.

Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 05:20:33 AM »

I played as weapons when we played it at the mini.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Jabbernaut
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »

I love this game, and I'm pretty good at it. I've played it at a few LANs last year and I'm usually the one trying to round up people to try it. Tongue (http://www.nexuslan.org/forums/index.php?topic=1863.0)

It looks like we have a pretty good handful of people who are down to play, If we can get 8-12 players we could even operate multiple bridges co-op or versus.
twodavez
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »

I love this game, and I'm pretty good at it. I've played it at a few LANs last year and I'm usually the one trying to round up people to try it. Tongue (http://www.nexuslan.org/forums/index.php?topic=1863.0)

It looks like we have a pretty good handful of people who are down to play, If we can get 8-12 players we could even operate multiple bridges co-op or versus.

we had alot of interest towards the game at FortLAN this past weekend, and we wanted to get a multi ship set up going on, but never got around to it.

I think we could get something going on at Nexus pretty easily, just need to schedule it around the tourneys.
BurntCornMuffin
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 01:03:27 AM »

As Renegade said, Zeta and I both own it, and I believe the copy I dropped on the fileserver is still there, so anyone who is interested can download and give it a shot.  Also, the sysreqs are really low, so if we can find a projector or two to gather around and bring laptops, even low-powered cheap/crappy ones, we can arrange proper bridge layout (which is in my experience far more fun than relying on headset/comms for this particular game).

I can bring a projector for a bridge or second ship if Dave lets us use the event projector.
twodavez
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 02:30:48 PM »

I can bring a projector for a bridge or second ship if Dave lets us use the event projector.

Renegade, any word on us setting up a screen if someone brings one? We could just project on the wall, but it really does help people play the game. I should have a tablet by that time to use. Will there be any available Wifi on the network to be able to play on the LAN with it?

I went to a game store that had a set-up and it was very fun to play with random people and see how high of a difficulty we could accomplish.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx