Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 05:13:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arma 3 lan mission gameplay  (Read 12040 times)
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2014, 03:42:07 PM »

I would like to run some Lan Ops at the Lan... do some co-op ops.  Seems as this is one of the only few games anymore that offers full offline lan play, it should have good speed and be good fun to run some large group warfare operations .

If anyone is interested, post here so we can get a round about of interest. I can then choose some missions and maybe set up some times to run them so as to not interfere with the tourneys

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:14:43 PM »

im in!   Wink
j3rf
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:44:30 PM »

I have it, although I haven't played much of it. But I'd be in.
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »

Count me in ...

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »

One game that always had a LAN play side is Americas Army.  Version 2.8 , the last one before going to Steam let you do that as well and it is a free game.  I haven't been able to part with the $60 required for Arma yet.
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 05:38:45 PM »

One game that always had a LAN play side is Americas Army.  Version 2.8 , the last one before going to Steam let you do that as well and it is a free game.  I haven't been able to part with the $60 required for Arma yet.

You should... there is a good deal of community content for Arma, if you are looking for something more than the cod/bf style shooters.

If you have a group to play with, alot of the player made missions are absolutely a blast to play. And alot of the community spins them into a series. One of my all time favs was a player made series where you were a rag tag militia/resistance fighter and had to over throw the local military regime through a series of missions... it was spectacularly put together, the enemy had much better weapons, equipment and vehicles. Where as your load outs were always randomly thrown together so you would have a couple pick up trucks or a car or so. Then some people would have on like shorts and a tee shirt. Some may have spawned with an assault rifle others may have only a pistol. Some people may only have 1 mag for their rifle... none the less it was an awesome story line and worth the 60 bucks on its own haha... I also like a majority of the convo missions where you have to lead/ guard a convoy or ambush one. There is also a running mercenary mod where completing missions gives you more money to buy better gear and equipment and you have to purchase absolutely every you need from weaps down to bullets and fuel.

And thats not even to mention the more common multiplayer player play mods, such as king of the hill, arma life, wasteland, annex and invade, invasion, and prolly one of the most important; breaking point.

Deff worth it.... but you really have to like the complexity it offers over the "typical" shooters other wise you will grow frustrated quickly and will prolly never touch it again.

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx