Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 08:22:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Food & Drink  (Read 10343 times)
twodavez
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:32:58 PM »

Have the food and drink rules been refined since Nexus LAN 11 in the new building? (I missed NexusLAN 12 due to a scheduling conflict)

Last thing i knew, we were allowed to bring in a limited amount of snacks and drinks (bag of pretzels/chips and a small cooler with cans of pop/energy drinks), but had to eat any fast food or meal type items (i.e. Chinese food delivery) outside or in our cars.

Is there a new FAQ about these types of items? What will be available for purchase? Or will you be posting all of this a little closer to the event. You sparked my interest in being able to eat at the venue when we talked at FortLAN this past weekend.

Can you also let us know when "last call" will be for adult beverages Saturday night?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:13:33 PM »

General rule of thumb is no outside food.

Now with that said bringing water, small things should not be an issue but if asked to take it out by management you will have too.

There is absolutely NO bringing in of any type of alcohol.   Any caught doing this will be removed from the event and asked not to return.   This is due to state liquor laws and the venue losing license if things like that done.

Last call is 12:30am as the bar closes at 1am.  All alcohol has to be consumed, removed from tables by 1am.

Available for purchase -

Pretty much noon to midnight cheese Hamburgers, Fries, Hot dogs, chicken fingers, and other things.  As well as the chip/candy vending machine.

Dinner time Famous Moose Pizza, as well as the above.

The Cheese burgers and hot dogs are big and really good.   3.00 for a cheese burger, 2.00 for a hotdog, 2.00 for large fries, 3.00 chicken stripes etc

As long as we are not bringing in coolers, large amounts of things, going out an getting carry out dinner an bring back mcd, subway etc were fine.  If you go out to dinner just take a break eat there then come back to game.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »

I spoke with the Governor, and suggested adding some other items. He is looking at possibly adding: soft pretzels and  nacho cheese/chips.
I also reiterated that the chili dogs were expected on Sunday and if they could be available as soon as 10:30-11:00ish A.M.

As always, Lodge rules implicates that if the kitchen is open, carry in food is prohibited. There has been some leniency in carrying out the strict definition. But please be fair about it. We are aware that some people have food allergies, or eating agendas. As long as we comply as best and as close to the rules, there should not be any problems.

It's a great setup for our LAN event; the food is good and the "membership only" bar is open to all LAN event participants of legal age.

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx