Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 07:55:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 14 Tournament suggestions  (Read 27107 times)
Creel
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 06:38:58 PM »

Quake Live
CoD4 Freeze Tag
Chivalry
BurntCornMuffin
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 11:28:41 AM »

Stronghold HD is on Steam for like, 6 bucks and makes for a decent old school option.

Also seconding Chivalry, M&B Warband is also an option.
Jabbernaut
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »

Hearthstone
League of Legends
Team Fortress 2

Also would be really cool to have a Minecraft survival challenge. Something like the first person/team to accomplish a certain objective in survival mode on a private server wins. Not sure what the best win condition would be though. Killing the Ender Dragon comes to mind, though this typically takes several hours and I'm thinking we're looking for something that can be done in about an hour or less. First person to find a diamond seems trivial and not much fun. I'm thinking something in the Nether would be a happy medium, like the first person to destroy a blaze camp. Or perhaps something that doesn't require getting a diamond at all would be more fair, like hitting a certain level. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?
novek
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 01:46:18 PM »

Unreal tournament 3, red alert 3, star craft 2, battlefield 4,
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »

Also would be really cool to have a Minecraft survival challenge. Something like the first person/team to accomplish a certain objective in survival mode on a private server wins. Not sure what the best win condition would be though. Killing the Ender Dragon comes to mind, though this typically takes several hours and I'm thinking we're looking for something that can be done in about an hour or less. First person to find a diamond seems trivial and not much fun. I'm thinking something in the Nether would be a happy medium, like the first person to destroy a blaze camp. Or perhaps something that doesn't require getting a diamond at all would be more fair, like hitting a certain level. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

I think something outside of the typical "build this to be judged" would be awesome.

Also I'd like to add Civ5
and Sins of a solar Empire to the list of RTS

Lengthy games but still fun none the less, and could be played as an All in, last man standing type of mode.

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
cactar65
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »

because i liked orge's ranking system I'm going to follow.

COD 4 Search an Destroy  Smiley Smiley  Smiley
DOTA 2   Smiley Smiley
League of Legends  Smiley
Hearthstone  Smiley
Starcraft II  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
CS:GO  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
CS:S  Smiley Smiley
Worms Revolution Smiley Smiley Smiley
team Fortress 2  Smiley Smiley
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:08 PM »

CS:GO  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Diabeatus
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 05:05:16 AM »

CS:GO  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

THISSSSSSS  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Terixx
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 07:24:35 AM »

Minecraft - Survival
I would love to see some great pvp maps.

The Walls 2. The map is divided into four sections. Teams will have 20 minutes to build/craft/etc before the sand walls fall, allowing access to kill other teams.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/1516476-the-walls-2-pvp-survival-map

A hunger games style map would also work great, especially if there are a lot of participants! Theres a few variations of these maps out there,
this one is what I'm testing right now:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/1511835-surv-multi-hunger-games-map-v2-6-250k-dls-played

These games can be really fun.

It could be easily setup with the right bukkit plugins to control the rules and track players.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 03:34:04 AM »

Bump.

I will be compiling these suggestions into a list an posting the vote tomorrow night.

I had planned to leave this up longer but the time has gotten away from me and we need to get voting going asap.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx