Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 20, 2024, 07:24:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: If there is a Call of Duty 4 Tourny...  (Read 21050 times)
Delta
« on: May 17, 2008, 01:52:57 AM »

what are the rules and setup going to be?! i know a 5v5 random teams is already pretty much set and i support that, but what kind of game modes is what im getting at. Most leagues do Hardcore as it is far better then normal weapons mode, and is it going to be TDM, S&D, or Sabotage? Also maps, cause i do got some suggestions over others. Also we only going to use default kits or are custom kits allowed? if i missing anything, please fill free to add something in here!
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:02:25 AM »

It would be hardcore and all kits.  Game type is still undecided I think. 

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Delta
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:25:31 AM »

well id suggest a mix. Multiple rounds, say like 3, so u got 3 different maps. And have them switch mode, while all being hardcore id suggest a TDM, a Sabotage, and a HQ. But thats my opinion.
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »

well id suggest a mix. Multiple rounds, say like 3, so u got 3 different maps. And have them switch mode, while all being hardcore id suggest a TDM, a Sabotage, and a HQ. But thats my opinion.
I like that idea, make it a mix of different game modes would keep it interesting and fun. Although that would make it a bit harder to determine which map is what game mode though.
Crow47
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 11:00:44 PM »

I personally don't care for hardcore mode in the slightest. Just me.
Delta
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 05:28:17 AM »

I like that idea, make it a mix of different game modes would keep it interesting and fun. Although that would make it a bit harder to determine which map is what game mode though.

you can set up the server u do to be like that, it isnt hard. Most server do that now, have each map be a different mode. Also Hardcore is the perfered game type now, as it doesnt take a whole mag to kill someone but makes the game more realistic!
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:14:02 PM »

True. Hardcare is the preferred right now at most tourneys. Seperates the Men from the boyz...or girls....etc.  SO get your skills up!
LAN-Lord
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »

as the tournament manager, i will probably go with CAL rules for this tournament and the CAL server config if they have one.  I will look into this and get back with you asap
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 01:09:47 AM »

As long as the rules don't block the use of any weapon then I am ok for it.  I will stand my ground when it comes to blocking the use of any weapon...  If it is in the game, it should be allow to be used.  If you do not like a weapon complain to the games developer and maybe they will remove or nerf it in a patch. This of course does not count towards blocking the use of air strikes and helicopters... though does not bother me if they are in the game.

For example the so called "noob tube" is absolutely silly.  If someone wants to use it they should be allowed to.  To me the person who can not defend themselves against someone with a launcher is the noob Smiley  And yes, this is coming from someone who does not use one (I like my red dot thank you).  If your gonna block nade launchers than you might as well block knifes and sniper rifles.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Crow47
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »

Will punkbuster be enabled on these servers? I constantly have stability issues with it Sad
Modious
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 04:19:22 AM »

I'm sure nobody is going to be cheating, that'd be pretty stupid, they'd get caught instantly and be stoned to death or something of that nature.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 12:39:34 PM »

Typically I dont say 1 way or the other so people dont know but the game tells you when you go to connect.   Usually on a LAN it is off.   But if your caught cheating your kicked for life from the events.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Delta
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 07:22:07 PM »

But if your caught cheating your kicked for life from the events.

If your cought cheating at a LAN, id be afraid of this happening!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=gZmuUGY-sZ0
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

well if you dont have pb on you are able to change a bunch of stuff in your config that wont be noticeable to anyone which will give you a smoother game play over the peeps that dont know how to change crap so im all for pb being on
Modious
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 11:10:56 PM »

As long as it doesnt complain about a CD key....
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx