Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 25, 2024, 11:53:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: What kinda tournaments do you like at events?  (Read 61265 times)
b4adle7
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 06:41:27 PM »

Did I hear Supreme Commander?  Hell yeah.. it is about time someone stepped up to the plate.  Chris Taylor had done it again and brought the best RTS to the table.
      I was a little off about the Forged Alliance at first.  Pros: new weapons, installations, vehicles, and a new race you can play.   Cons:  They rebalanced everything to even it out a bit.

But I like the new balancing, it causes more fighting and less leathal strikes.
      Plus they added build times in the multiplayer.

I'm in if I'm there for a tournement.

Also mentioned about it, yes there is a steep learning curve.  But that is what makes it a great replayable game.  I'm still learning stuff about the game, and have a ways to go to master the troops..
b4adle7
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 06:42:10 PM »

OH  Another tournement idea.

Wet T-Shirt tournament!
Infamousd
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »

OH  Another tournement idea.

Wet T-Shirt tournament!

uhhh I'd be surprised if we had enough ladies for this contest, and I SURE DON'T want to see the guys competing...  Roll Eyes
virt
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 12:38:31 AM »

I feel bad about missing the first event :\

If you're July event has a Gears tourney and/or Halo 3, I'd attend it in a heart beat.  I'm always for some SSBB on the side, too...

As far as PC tournaments go, I'm a long term player of UT2k4 but your guys' rule sets this past tourney were ridiculous (just saying). :p I know you guys were having just a for fun tourney, but Plunge- no matter the game type, just is NOT a fun map for me.  CoD4 and TF2 are always fun tournaments, though, and if you have some UT3 or Q3 or even Q4 tournaments (1v1), I'd love to do those, too.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 04:43:48 AM »

If you're July event has a Gears tourney and/or Halo 3, I'd attend it in a heart beat.  I'm always for some SSBB on the side, too...

As far as PC tournaments go, I'm a long term player of UT2k4 but your guys' rule sets this past tourney were ridiculous (just saying). :p I know you guys were having just a for fun tourney, but Plunge- no matter the game type, just is NOT a fun map for me.  CoD4 and TF2 are always fun tournaments, though, and if you have some UT3 or Q3 or even Q4 tournaments (1v1), I'd love to do those, too.

Just so you know, we decided at the event not to include plunge or more exactly it was not needed/used.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 05:43:38 AM »

I wouldnt mind a Gear of War pc tourney and not sure when Gears of War 2 is coming out ( thats pc too right?).
virt
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 04:46:31 PM »

Just so you know, we decided at the event not to include plunge or more exactly it was not needed/used.

...Oh.  My bad, then. :p

And JP, Gears of War for PC isn't all that popular, unfortunately.  I doubt you'll find too many people to play it.

GoW2 at this time is not announced for the PC.  It's currently set for a 360-exclusive release around November, but I don't think they'll hit it.

Epic never makes their first published release date (we were supposed to get UT3 in March '07), however!  Since they fucked us over (their original fan base) by releasing the trash that is UT3 and have been working on it since GoW1 released, they might be able to just do it.

Since all Epic seems to be into is the $$ now a days, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually make it this time around, just in time for Christmas.
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 08:23:32 PM »

Ok, I was not sure about GOW2. As for GOW on PC I thought it might be a fun switch up as it would let people that don't play console play the game. I played it a while back at Muncie Gamers Lan in Indian and had a lot of fun. I did have to play it on like 400x800 because I had not upgraded at the time but it was pretty fun with mouse and keyboard.
Clarity
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 02:43:35 PM »

Ok, I was not sure about GOW2. As for GOW on PC I thought it might be a fun switch up as it would let people that don't play console play the game. I played it a while back at Muncie Gamers Lan in Indian and had a lot of fun. I did have to play it on like 400x800 because I had not upgraded at the time but it was pretty fun with mouse and keyboard.

How do you feel about letting the console gamers play GOW on the PC, but with an xbox controller?
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »

How do you feel about letting the console gamers play GOW on the PC, but with an xbox controller?
Im not doing tournament rules but I wouldnt mind. Besides I wouldnt mind play a xbox 360 with mouse and keyboard setup if I could. LAN LORD, our tourney guy, please comment on controllers on pc for tourneys.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »

There are no rules against using special controls on the PC. 

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
virt
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »

GOW with a PC/Mouse seems weird to me... :\

But keep in mind, no one really plays the PC version of the game.  Even a year later, the 360 version is still more popular.
Modious
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »

I think we should have a Counterstrike Source tournament. As you can tell by my specs I cant play alot of new games  Sad Sad
Modious
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2008, 01:20:30 AM »

CS:S isnt that old, i'm not talking about CS1.6.

it seems like the popular tournament LAN games are Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty 4, and Unreal Tournament 3
Crow47
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2008, 01:50:27 AM »

I am so up for a UT3 tournament.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx