Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 20, 2024, 06:51:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: What kinda tournaments do you like at events?  (Read 60316 times)
Modious
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2008, 02:13:17 AM »

I MIGHT be able to pull off 20fps. So i'm for it.
Crow47
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:53 AM »

Though a css tournament would also be very fun, and would be more accessible to more gamers,
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »

My concern with a CSS Tourney is not the tourney itself, but sometimes the players. What I mean by that is most, not all, of the teams that come to play CSS strictly play CSS and nothing else. What I would almost rather see would people come and play multiple games, whatever they may be, as long as it involves other players at the LanParty. Now, I know that opinion may peeve some people off, but as everyone has their opinion, and that happens to be mine. My thought is that since the LanParty invites all people to play different games, it almost seems kind of pointless to go to a LanParty and only play 1 game the whole time.
virt
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2008, 07:02:52 PM »

Agreed.  It is pointless, but I don't think you should discriminate, either.  It's not true of every CS:S player and I can say that most CS:S players have really kind of started to move on, I think- to other games, like TF2 and CoD4.  The gaming community as a whole has kind of fractured lately with the quality of other team games that have come out as of late.

You can only play Dust2 only so long.. Tongue
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »

If we were to have a CSS tournament it would for sure be random teams.   It would also not be for large money/prizes it would be just like the other tournaments fun friendly style etc.    At times we will run bring your own teams but CSS is not one that we would do that on.

The one thing I find rather interesting about CS is that some sponsors specifically ask is there a CS tournament.  If the answer is yes they will not sponsor as stats show that CS players do not and are not interested in upgrading as the requirements to run CS are very low.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »

huh, didnt know sponsors had a vendetta against CS/S...

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
Modious
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2008, 11:12:44 PM »

I dont think anyone here is hardcore for CSS, i just pointed it out because alot of people have it and its not hard to play either it be CSS or CS 1.6
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »

Aaah.....counterstrike McDonalds style!!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_rxTjMEyw&feature=related

Huh

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »

Aaah.....counterstrike McDonalds style!!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_rxTjMEyw&feature=related

Huh
Wow, thats very old but I had forgotten about that.
LAN-Lord
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2008, 11:31:07 AM »

I dont think anyone here is hardcore for CSS, i just pointed it out because alot of people have it and its not hard to play either it be CSS or CS 1.6

I wouldnt consider myself hardcore but...  i love to play some CS:S, anyone that has steam feel free to add me..   name "LAN-Lord"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx