Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 05:35:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: What kinda tournaments do you like at events?  (Read 57680 times)
virt
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 04:45:26 PM »

The competitive team games at this time for

PC:
CoD4
TF2
Quake 3 (1v1)
UT3 (optional, poorly viewed among most - even the UT vets)

Console:
Halo 3
CoD4
Gears of War
SSBB
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »

Welcome to the boards Delta and Virt.  Thanks for the input on the tourneys.  I have not done  much with TF2, but more than likely COD4 will be one of the tourneys, although I am not the tourney director and do not have final say. 

Hopefully we see you guys at the June event and you can let us know more about your thoughts on the matter.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
virt
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 10:17:07 PM »

Smiley Ask Winkis, I've done my fair sharing of LANs in the Dayton Area and even though I'm now a Columbus local, I'll be sure to be there to see how things go ^_^

Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 02:09:07 AM »

I'm sure that if we do COD4 for PC which sounds like we will, that we would not do a COD4 for 360 as well. It just seems like it would be easier to go with PC. Company of Heros sounds like fun too, I'm not sure about the expansion pack because I havened heard if it was any good. Another console game would be Grand Theft Auto 4 perhaps a Death match.
xFantomKillerx
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a Halo 3 tourney... a 2v2 and a 4v4... it would bring a lot of people... im not much of a pc gamer (the only thing that ive really played is StarCraft) but im really into console games... so please consider Halo 3... me and my team will probly go if there is a H3 tourney...
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »

I dont think there will be a halo this the June event but the July event I expect to see Halo 3.  With being monthly we will bounce around the top games and have 1-2 of them a month so not to have all the games repeating each month.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »

But there will be open play going on where I am sure Halo 3 will be available.  So feel free to make challenges to people.

I am not very good at the multi on Halo 3, but I can be some target practice for you.   Grin

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
xFantomKillerx
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 09:08:23 PM »

yea... ill talk to my team about it... and ill probly be at the july event... unless it keeps me from MLG Orlando (*w00t*) but yea... thanks for letting me know...
sh00ga
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 06:13:35 AM »

Smiley I would mostly be interested in like cod halo 3 tf2 or just random fps games new or old school
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »

Smiley I would mostly be interested in like cod halo 3 tf2 or just random fps games new or old school
Now sh00ga I have to ask, do you play COD4 and TF2 on PC or Xbox 360?
worph
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »

A Soldier of Fortune 2 tourney would be awesome, except I suck at the game. Just ask Stewart.

----------

After the first event, I'd like to see something other than COD4. That's all we've played at the minis since it released.

EDIT:
Guitar Hero Tourney please. I'm "terrible" at this game also.
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »

Right now we have COD4 and Smash tourney's established, and will decide on the other PC tourney. I know everyone can get tired of COD4, but only problem is finding a replacement which is stable, fun, and played by a lot of people, and current. I know we will also be having non-prize or open tourneys/sessions with different games running. We are working on some options as we speak.
Infamousd
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 06:58:40 PM »

How about some old school games too?

Like battlefield, bf vietnam, bf2 -desert combat Huh 

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

I am all for old school games.   

Quake 2
BF 2
BF 1942
COD 2

Just need to like see which has the most interest and that people would sign up for down at up coming LAN's.

We want to make this a gamers LAN not per say a hard core tourney LAN so putting in things for fun, odd ball etc we are all for that.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
b4adle7
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »

Oh if you want old school, I put Quake 1 up for the tourney! Still the funnest one of them all!!

But wait.. what is old school about BF2 or 2042?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx