Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 29, 2024, 05:17:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 15 Tournament voting suggestion thread...  (Read 35865 times)
GraveTroll
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 05:00:19 AM »

FYI, we (I) wanted to do an RTS as an Admin pick badly last time, but with no support during voting it's not gonna happen.

The admin picks we definitely weigh what's being voted on.  The reason for the admin picks is so that we dont always play the same games and/or sneak in something new to try. 

Categories were kind of pointless in that League of Legends would always win the RTS/MOBA so you never really had a chance to play anything else the way we had it setup.  Our goal is really to see what games and types of games people are interested in playing.  If we see heavy support for RTS or a game like Worms, there's a good chance we'll run something.

Last LAN, RTS votes we astoundingly low compared to everything else.

In general our goal is to get 40+ people in every tournament.

I know almost my entire group (8 people) would be interested in an RTS, but being able to only get 2 games means you're gonna vote for what games are up for contention that you really want to play over a dark horse. Example, I would vote of LoL over DOTA because they'll both get a bunch of votes and I play League and not Dota.

Is there any chance something like an RTS could be a prizeless tournament run between other tournaments? I think when SC2 came out something similar was done where players had most of the tournament to play out the brackets? It might be a good way to feel out RTS's for the next LAN.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »

The top 2 are picked but you get 6 votes so you can vote for LoL and Dota 2 and SC2 and etc   So that way you can vote popular an people can vote the other stuff and things might win.   Only needed 30 votes to beat lol an  cs go last time.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 02:37:08 PM »

Also people are more then welcome to run non-official tournaments.   So if you want to run a sc2 like that please go ahead an do it.    We will help where we can, and let you use the mic when not in a tournament etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
sooth
Ronster Beater

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 04:07:50 PM »

Can I bring a disco ball and a fog machine? How about a jello wrestle ring for an unofficial tournament? I will gladly sponsor that Cheesy

Top winner at NEXUS LAN VII! Cheesy
Sponsor of NEXUS LAN 14
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »

ah yeah no.   

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
gfx