Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 07:47:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The topic about Quarterly LAN's - please read.  (Read 6448 times)
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:15:57 AM »

A poll was recently posted in the forums asking about Quarterly LAN"s for NeXusLAN.  This was done by an attendee but the vernacular used made it seem as if NeXusLAN was posting the poll.

While we deeply appreciate the enthusiasm about NeXusLAN , we as a staff have thought long and hard about increasing the frequency of our events. I will be happy to share with you some of our thoughts as to why we only have 2 events per year.

1. Burnout of staff , attendee base , sponsor response -  all of these things are the top factors in limiting our LAN's to twice a year.   Our staff are volunteers and work full time jobs.  The only free thing we receive as staff is a seat at the LAN for the many hours of work and planning that goes into the event. Additionally our staff likes to attend other LAN events and game as well.   We feel the attendee base as well would be subject to burnout and would like having the ability to attend other LAN's .  Additionally since spending hard earned dollars can be a challenge , limiting our event's to twice a year let's us provide a well earned value on those dollars.   Lastly we have sponsors who are more and more difficult to get prizes from with all the LAN events that are out there.  The best way for NeXusLAN to get sponsors is for the attendees to purchase from those sponsors and tell them you saw or found out about them at NeXusLAN.

2. Venue availability - we have a contract with the Moose and have locked in 2 dates for several years.  The Moose has other events and while I am sure they would be happy to extend us 2 more dates , finding time that does not conflict with other area LAN's , holidays and such is difficult.   The symbiosis between NeXusLAN and the Moose is something you will not find at many venues. We want to make sure we maintain that going forward.

We are very grateful that as an organization , we have built the following that we have here at NeXusLAN.  We do this for the pure joy of seeing people have fun at the event , winning tourney's , and enjoying the friendship of the LAN.  This is part of our core values and we feel that adding more events would cause us to stray from those and become something  we don't want to become.

I was a member of DLF during the 250 - 350 person LAN's at Hara Arena  , I have seen what the whole go big or go home mentally does and while we want to go big or go home here at NeXusLAN , we will do so while remaining true to who we are:

A family oriented event with open , random competition that provides a wide selection of gaming and prizes with new and old friends.

Thanks for reading the crit wall of text and if you have any questions you can direct them to myself or any staff member and we will respond to you.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx