Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 11:22:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN 20 Post Event Attendee Discussion - Give us your feedback!!!!  (Read 17112 times)
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2017, 05:20:50 AM »

Now that NeXus LAN 20 is in the books - we want to hear what you guys thought about it.  What you liked , what you didn't like  , what you want added or taken away.   Your feedback is how we can make our event better.    Thanks again for coming and for leaving your feedback.
Ghengis-Khan
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:56:06 AM »

I just wanted to say that I had an amazing time. The event went smoothly. I had a blast. I hadn't been to any NeXus LAN events before this one. I look forward to making it to the next one.
glocky12
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »

In my opinion it was fun as usual. Been to several NeXus LAN events and they have all been fun but this was the first time I actually dealt with toxicity in a LAN tournament. Played in the Overwatch tournament and having people be jerks at a LAN? That was a first for me. Most likely would still come to the next one but that was not fun.
evildoer
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »

Glocky, was it your team amongst themselves or other team?

We had an issue where someone was trash talking.. and one of the team members was right next to the guy and could hear him.  That was handled, definitely not something we put up with.  Especially when we have minors playing in the tourneys, it's also against one of the core values of the LAN. 

That crap doesn't belong at our events.

Kyler
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:26:32 PM »

Was my first nexus lan in a few years and it was great to be back and it was a blast as always.
Although as mentioned before the shit talking this year was honestly... I don't even know if I have words because I've never dealt with it at a nexus lan when all the teams are random and for FUN but it seems for whatever reason that left some peoples minds this year.
For the rocket league tournament and the league of legends tournament there was someone rather saying something rude or just down right unnecessary to the point in the LoL tournament I went up to the opposite team and told them that we could hear them and it was really uncalled for, although they apologized I just don't understand why it had to be an issue to begin with
BUT regardless of that I had a great time, food was awesome and I loved getting to see everyone again.
Colour
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 01:51:52 AM »

I had a ton of fun at the LAN and I participated in the League tourney, again the obvious problem was the trash-talking. But I also know that it was really hard for some people because due to the strict restrictions we had alot of low level players who had to participate who didn't necessarily even WANT to play just so the prizing could be given out (which I appreciate being as we placed 2nd). However I hope in the future we get more league of legends players to the point where we can cap it out to atleast just being level 30. Not because I don't think low levels shouldn't be allowed but because the game goes from team oriented to "which high elo player can carry the hardest" and this resulted in alot of the trashtalk because people were focusing down on camping and killing the lower level players. However I don't think any of the trashtalk was malicious and just more unnecessary than anything, I talked to the two "instigators" and both of them admitted it was just in the moment. Overall I had a blast meeting and talking to all the players and the environment was super friendly outside of some loud individuals, very well set-up LAN. Smiley
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »

We as a team will discuss this trash talking issue, but I am sure we will be making some kinda rule / announcement that vulgar/toxic trash talking will result in remove from the tournament, and possibly the event.  This is a family friendly event and we will not tolerate that kinda behavior in the future.   

Other teams need to understand they are not at their house other team members can and are right next to them and can hear them saying crap.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
evildoer
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 05:27:29 PM »

Trash talking is kind of a new thing

I mean, here and there.  But I haven't heard of it on this level yet.

Definitely something we'll announce when we call tournaments.  We are in a somewhat unique environment due to the Alcohol, but it's not really an excuse.
glocky12
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »

Evildoer, it was the enemy team on the Overwatch tournament. It was mostly a specific person but I don't want to name drop anyone.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx