Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 02:12:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It’s so hard to say goodbye  (Read 18041 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2019, 01:59:41 AM »

NeXus LAN’rs - today we want to inform you that NeXus  LAN  24 will be the last event for Renegade and Sideout , and for NeXus LAN itself.  It is not an easy decision to make as nothing can replace the feeling and excitement of watching and participating in a successful event , but we feel that it is time to retire and pursue other interests.

Since inception born from the death of Dayton LANFest , the journey from a small 50 person LAN to the graduation as one of the premier LAN’s in Ohio  , NeXus LAN has been dedicated to one mission and goal - providing the casual gamer an experience that is second to none , a great casual gaming event , and a family friendly environment.

Over the course of the last several years  there has been a shift in the LAN party world.  The expanse of home broadband , the cost of manufacturing tech / gaming products , and the general march of time has impacted both attendance and sponsorship.  The changes by game design and creators shifting to public lobbies and catering to streaming has limited the choices in tournament play.   All of these factors have contributed to a steady decline in sponsorship , attendance , and participation at the last several events.

Everyone wants to go out on top and both Renegade and myself feel that it is time to retire from NeXus LAN with the many great memories that we have. We also feel that the NeXus LAN name , brand and reputation deserves to be retired as well.

We want everyone one to know how much your support over the past years have meant in terms of the people attending and the sponsors for helping out.  

We want to thank our staff who work tirelessly at each event and sacrifice their time twice a year.

We hope a new event and organizers will be found or step forward to keep the NeXus LAN tradition of casual gaming alive in the area but those details are not solidified as of yet. Either way the NeXus LAN name , brand and reputation will be retired after NeXus LAN 24.

Again , thanks to you and all past attendees  , who made NeXus LAN what it is today.  We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
npzr
Frag Bait

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 03:14:35 AM »

Thank you for all the memories and friendships I have gained over the years from Nexus LAN. This has been a highly anticipated event in my life since I first attended a LAN at the FoP Lodge. I won a door prize that year of a mother board that is still in my PC today! (Intel DX79TO)

I truly hope you know that we all have appreciated what you and your team have done for the gaming community in the Cincinnati/Dayton region. I wish you luck in your future endeavors!
Creel
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:12:07 AM »

Thanks for everything over the past decade some of the most fun I've had while gaming and made many friends because of it.  Sad to see it come to an end.
meowserkat
N00b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 03:59:30 AM »

Sorry to see you guys retire, we wish you well in your future endeavors.

We know the struggle too. 

We are trying to keep the casual gaming alive in Chicago, but we are facing the same issues as you stated we are seeing too.
TheRickster
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 04:32:44 AM »

Thanks again for all you guys have done!

If anyone needs help with a new party feel free to hit me up. Ive been involved with stuff from years ago around Cincinnati back during SOGA etc.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx